Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 minute coconut bread review page 2

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    I will have to track down some coconut flour. It may be mail order only in my area.

Do you know the reason for "nut bloat"? The only "nut" I ate in any quantity previously was peanuts, as peanut butter, and I don't recall any obvious symptoms. But good reason not to look to nuts to increase my fat, I guess.
    I've been hunting around for an answer to "nut bloat" as well. I do eat nuts a lot... a WHOLE lot... I even wrote a thread about it earlier this week. Unfortunately I had just purchased a ton of nuts so getting rid of them is important but it's hard because I don't want to waste them. (I bring a bowl to work and coworkers eat them!) Now all I have left are a pound of macadamia nuts to go, which are luckily the "best" nuts out there in the primal/paleo world.

I'm working on getting my fat from coconuts, more oils... but, yeah, nuts were a big part of my fat intake, so I know how you feel.

Also, I buy my coconut flour online, too. I just get Bob's Red Mill brand, which they have in the supermarket here, but it's cheaper on Amazon.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Jayden Austin is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ciavyn View Post
    I'm going to ask a dumb question, and ask forgiveness ahead of time. But why not for everyday? I don't see anything in that recipe list that is unprimal. And it sounds yummy.
    Hi Ciavyn,

I should have qualified that with "not for everyday for ME." I'm just getting started on this primal journey, and I have a long (LONG! :-) history of carb addiction and everything that goes along with it. I'm trying to stick with a different way of eating altogether, so for me the desserts and breads and pizza crusts and so on will only be for now and then.

I've got 100 lbs to lose and a determination even bigger than my butt to do this! LOL

Jayden

Inni is offline Junior Member
    2 eggs
    2 teaspoons coconut flour (approximately)
    2 tablespoons melted butter or coconut oil (I used half and half)
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    Is it 2 teaspoons or tablespoons of coconut flour? 2 teaspoons do not sound enough to me.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Inni View Post
    Is it 2 teaspoons or tablespoons of coconut flour? 2 teaspoons do not sound enough to me.
    Teaspoons, but mine weren't level teaspoons... just a little rounded. Believe me, it's enough.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    This was great!! We all just split a sandwich with sliced beef and mustard. Jayden, I actually featured this on my blog and gave a shout out to you and link back to this thread. My family thanks you!!!!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

JudyCr is online now Senior Member
    All great pics.. Thx for posting, Jayden, trying this tomorrow.
    "sandwich" looks so good, curlygirl

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    ... any hints for how long in a conventional oven? I don't have a microwave oven.

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pjgh View Post
    ... any hints for how long in a conventional oven? I don't have a microwave oven.
    I believe that 15 minutes on 325 was put out there as a question in an earlier post by Primal 123 but nobody replied & (dis)affirmed that. I'd suggest 275 rather than anything over 300, but I prefer to bake at lower temps to preserve nutrients & minimize possible rancidity of sensitive fats & proteins...

I've made the Fat Bread and it's good, quite tasty & very filling, but its complicated, time consuming & heavy on (expensive) ingredients. Gonna make this simpler 2 minute bread in the oven for lunch as I'm making a tri-tip brisket & I can just put this bread in towards the end of its time in the oven.
    Last edited by Betorq; 09-01-2012 at 05:00 AM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    That gives me a starting point - thank you.

I've made the fat bread (Niko's from Free the Animal?). Good stuff, much enjoyed, but something I'll do sparingly because it didn't half fill me up and prevented me from eating some good veggies with my dinner. I snacked ... I don't snack. That was the problem there. Yeah, fat bread needed something like 40 minutes at 375/400F.

I quite regularly make manioc flour breads - those Brazilian cheese puffs and flatbread as wraps for Chilli.

Coconut flour is something I have in, can get cheaply, but don't really know what to do with it ... I don't really eat sweeter things, or things that are inspired by sweeter things. Some coconut bread with cheese and chutney sounds good to me.

Time to experiment ...

curlygirl is offline Senior Member
    Hey, besides my earlier picture post with the sandwich - just tried it "as a muffin" with cinnamon and raisin. EXACT same recipe but a bit more flour ..... It was incredibly wonderful!!! Will try to remember to take a pic if I make it again. A must try if you like cinnamon bread!!!!!
    My blog: Paleo Musings
    Tweeting all things primal: Twitter
    FaceBook: PaleoMusings

We get one shot at life, let's make it amazing

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast