Thread: 21 Days and a New Life! page

Jayden Austin is offline Junior Member

21 Days and a New Life!

First of all... Mark... thank-you!

I always knew there had to be a better way of eating that fit my belief's, but I bounced around all kinds of different plans trying to make them work. Low carbing was okay (the general idea is wonderful, but parts of it just didn't make sense to me), low fat high carb was a waste of time.... Body for Life was good in some ways, but the free day caused cravings and the regimented and exhausting time in the gym made me more sick than well, and eating "organically" still meant some processed foods that made me feel bad.

I am very encouraged that now, at 55 years old and smack dab on the middle of menopause, I have found something I know I can do forever. Yes, the first few days were brutal. (especially the second day... wow) But now, I crave meat, fish and vegetables for the first time in my life. I tasted a bit of ice cream yesterday and it tasted cloyingly sweet and nasty to me. Amazing!

I can almost feel the fat burning! :-)

Thank-you from the bottom of my heart. In about a year, I shall send my success story and pics.

Jayden Austin
    Austin, TX

Portcop01 is offline Junior Member
    Yes I feel the same way.been eating clean now about 2 weeks got so much engery.i never go back..I was just on vacation for 12 days,lost 2 lbs.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Jayden well done. I am now 11 weeks in and loving the new body, the weight loss, the feeling of wellness .....everything. Its fantastic. keep at it
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Jayden Austin is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks, Y'all...

I actually kinda took a big ole bite out of this apple, so to speak. :-) I decided if I was going to do it, I was going to do it as completely as I could, so I suffered a really terrible carb flu the first few days. Since then though I've felt much better. Now, exercising is the tough part. With terribly arthritic knees, it's tough to do anything on foot except walk, and I can't even do much of that yet. However, I've been swimming.. and today am going to try some push ups and dips using furniture around the house.

I saw my doctor yesterday, and he's thrilled for me. Nice to find a big fan of primal eating in the medical community!

11 weeks is so cool, Gwamma! I love the screen name. :-)

Jayden