Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal April for tooround page 2

tooround is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I so wanted to go for a walk in this gloriously warm weather but it's so freakin' windy. I had a nap ... which changed nothing about the weather so I guess I'll hop on the elliptical.

I'd really love to get at some gardening.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member
    It's REALLY windy here too - and COLD today for some reason. It's supposed to be gloomy and cold tomorrow too, rainy Monday, but then by Wednesday it's supposed to be nice and in the 70s again. Looking forward to that!
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

The wind passed and it is gorgeous here this morning!

My big news this morning it total vanity. I don't care that my face and hands are puffy from to much processed crap this weekend. I don't care that I'm carrying two pounds of watery bloat ... because the dress I'm wearing to church this morning is a size 2 ... two ... size two! Yup, I'm happy!

We had a wonderful day yesterday. Went for a big long walk down by the river.

Just for kicks, I put my foods into fitday. 1644 cals, 65% fats, 112 gms protein (28%) and 33 gms of carbs (8%).

I had to scarf a bag of pork rinds because my cals were so low and I wasn't impressed with my fat stats.

It's a wonderment to me that my cals are so low. I really thought I'd be eating humongous amounts of foods. My best explanation is satiety value.

I do have to go hunting for better meats tho'. As much as I love some of the grocery store sale things I've found ... they are indeed processed and tampered with. And now that I see that I'm not eating such huge amounts of things ... I can get smaller amounts of better stuff.
    In fact, if they are not soaked in salt and sugar ... I'll probably eat even less of them. But I guess I already knew that.
    Drat ... fooled by the sale tag again!

I'm a bit blue this morning and can't quite put my finger on why that is.

Part of it (I'm sure) is that the honeymoon period of my new diet is over. I'm hovering at around 130 lbs. I natter all day long at folks to use more than one gauge to measure their success. How their clothing fits, measurements etc. As much as I know for sure ... I'd still like to be 120-something ... forever.

I'm upset and hurt about a vegetarian friend who has become quite aggressive in her distain for my choice. We have other philosophical differences but they've never come between us. Sigh ...

My adult son who is getting married next summer just got a new job ... and it's not here in town. That means that they are going to live ... away.

Perhaps my poor food choices over the weekend are effecting my mood. I should lift weights today

I hope that Mark was serious when he said that we should only lift heavy things when we feel like it. I did do a few burpees but ... meh ... I got on the elliptical and pedalled away through most of Dancing with the Stars instead. No sprints, nothin' fantastic ... just pedalled.

Still feeling kinda blah. Sweet slips do not serve me well. Neither does working for a living

I'm trying to finagle a spare day off tomorrow. I'd really like to dump out my dresser and get rid of the 160 lb summer cloths. A little shopping would be nice and/or a nap. I just find that I function much better if I can turn my head off for a half hour during the day.

oo purging old clothes is always fun - i hope you get to do it! day off would rock.
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Well, I didn't get my clothing cleared out and I didn't get today off. LOL!

However ... we did go fancy food shopping last night.

We're a kind of malcontent couple. If we're both restless and at loose ends ... we like to wander off somewhere. Last evening, it was a lovely big grocery store 45 minutes from home. Pepperettes, fish, new cheese, 5 lbs of organic baby carrots (DH loves these) ... mmmm ....

ooh fancy food shopping sounds fun. I'm a little jealous.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Once in a blue moon, I get philisophical and post rambling thoughts about things.

I'm a control freak.

The science of calorie counting makes sense to me. Fuel in and fuel expended.
    Making that fuel good quality also makes sense to me. Fresh, local, organic ... good nutrients to build good cells.
    Resistance training makes sense to me. Building a muscle base to support bones, increase calorie usage, protect my organs, lower back ...
    Even cardio, although I tend to be pretty low key about it ... uses more calories, improves cardiovascular health ...

My problem, you see, is that I kinda sorta don't understand why PB is working. And I don't understand some of my results.

And even that is not exactly true. It does make sense that I'm using body fat for fuel instead of quick, easy carb energy.

I'm shrinking. Seriously shrinking. In and back out of two pairs of jeans in 5 or 6 weeks. There are two small columns of fat down the center of my abdomen and on either side is skin over muscle.
    But I'm not losing weight. After that initial swoosh ... I really am hovering right around 130 lbs.
    I know it's muscle. You can see it in my arms and even thigh definition.
    But I'm not lifting. I'm not even doing the energetic boost stuff Mark suggests. Eh, maybe a couple of short stints. They're hard!

But but but ... I'm eating lots of calories, too much fat ...

It feels almost magical, out of my control and weird!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast