Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CHILL OUT MUSIC - Whats yours? page 2

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    Holy shit, someone else who's heard of them.
    Fuck yeah, I was a degenerate Acid Bath fan in the 90s. Then, Agents of Oblivion/Goatwhore, and the first three line-ups of Deadboy and the Elephantmen. I did some tape trading with friends in NOLA at the time (the 90s, I mean, to clarify).
    Last edited by keithpowers; 08-21-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Clarification
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Totally agreed, haha. Same thing happened with their latest album "Heritage". It's a slightly different sound and some people just hated it. I think it's awesome. Who wants to hear exactly the same music for years on end?
    Meh, I didn't care for Heritage that much but I didn't give it an honest listen either. I'm a big fan of their first 3 albums, so I much prefer their old, more meladic sort of black-metal-ish sound. I wish they'd do some throwback dual-guitar stuff again, but you know, metal!

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by keithpowers View Post
    Fuck yeah, I was a degenerate Acid Bath fan in the 90s. Then, Agents of Oblivion/Goatwhore, and the first three line-ups of Deadboy and the Elephantmen. I did some tape trading with friends in NOLA at the time (the 90s, I mean, to clarify).
    The label I used to work for distributed Fat Possum (amongst others) in the Benelux and I found them by going through their catalog. I have a bizarro collection of music and am always amazed when something pops up outside my normal realm.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    Meh, I didn't care for Heritage that much but I didn't give it an honest listen either. I'm a big fan of their first 3 albums, so I much prefer their old, more meladic sort of black-metal-ish sound. I wish they'd do some throwback dual-guitar stuff again, but you know, metal!
    Several of the tracks on Heritage took a couple listens for me to get where I liked them. But I do love their melodic metal of yore. "Still Life" is a masterpiece. The Moor!!!!!

Alex Good is offline Senior Member

'nuff said.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    Several of the tracks on Heritage took a couple listens for me to get where I liked them. But I do love their melodic metal of yore. "Still Life" is a masterpiece. The Moor!!!!!
    Steven Wilson really took their shit to a new level, production and song-writing wise. Agreed.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Whatever they play in the gym or on a local "Up" radio. Some 70'ies, and 80'ies dancy music with no loud bangs and no whining. I am starting to like Kathy Perry too or however you spell her name. Nice voice.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12