Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: I ate a sandwich today....

Hybrid View

I ate a sandwich today....

It was a turkey, cheese, tomatoes, and spicy mustard and whole grain bread. I was a perfect lunch and such a relief to step away from primal eating. I actually had more energy then ever at work, and i stand for 8 hours a day working in a warehouse doing physical work. Personally for me being "PRIMAL" doesn't work for me, or at least I will never be 100% primal. Being primal seems to be more about people that want to lose weight which is awesome, but be careful, this whole primal thing seems dangerous. Just take caution. Eat healthy, don't be a slave to "name-brand" diet.

Peace!

Eat what works for you. Obviously, if you are gluten tolerant a few slices of bread now and then is better than a lifestyle high in processed foods and high sugar drinks.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.

Are you serious? I enjoy a sandwich once or twice a month without any guilt or side effects. It doesn't make the PB dangerous though. I wonder if you really understand what the PB is all about or have you just looked at the eating guidelines and made assumptions? I'm not taking a pop at you, I'm genuinely interested to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishman in Oz View Post
    I wonder if you really understand what the PB is all about or have you just looked at the eating guidelines and made assumptions? I'm not taking a pop at you, I'm genuinely interested to know.
    I think the problem is that I really don't understand it. I mean obviously stay away from crap food, which I have been doing my whole life. But I am still confused why grains are bad for you? I even read the whole blueprint book, it's just not sinking in for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    But I am still confused why grains are bad for you? I even read the whole blueprint book, it's just not sinking in for some reason.
    Read Wheat Belly.

I'm a T1-D and the PB is and has been an immense help. I discovered on my own that even "whole grain" made my BL sugars rocket, thus making control more difficult and dosages larger. The PB goes further into the association betw. grains. certain fats, etc. and inflammation. This is a key that wd. be good for you to check out. It's not just a weight-loss tool altho it is that, too.
    Last edited by Terry H; 08-21-2012 at 04:31 AM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    I think the problem is that I really don't understand it. I mean obviously stay away from crap food, which I have been doing my whole life. But I am still confused why grains are bad for you? I even read the whole blueprint book, it's just not sinking in for some reason.
    You don't have to understand why they're bad, but can you get with they're not as good as other things? and so it makes more sense to eat things that have more "good stuff" than those things that don't have as much "good stuff," given the limited space within our bodies?

Further, does it make sense that sometimes eating "not so good" stuff is perfectly okay since it's infrequent? just like your sandwich adventure, which I also partake in, since I have no real issues with gluten and I'm lucky enough to basically have NO aversions to ANY food item I've EVER eaten? (I credit this to being born and raised in a third world country and playing with stray dogs and rolling in dirt for hours on end, drinking tap water, etc... strong immune system son, try and catch up!)

I agree with you that for people like you and I (assuming you also don't have strong reactions to anything) there is no imperative NEED to be a fully primal warrior 24/7 - 365 unless you just want to be able to make that claim, for whatever reason (to belong? I guess).

I was a very diligent primal when I first started, and this was great for me. I later re-introduced some things but to this day I've kept them strictly to social settings when I just don't care to fuss and just want to indulge. I'm a healthy young male in an appropriate weight range, so I see no need to avoid things at all times. When I cook, which is often, it's always primal, mostly because I find it incredibly easy to cook meat and vegetables and have no desire to wait for a pot of boiling pasta with no nutritional benefit whatsoever.

Not everybody can afford to be "balanced" or eat in "moderation" and so for those people, sammich adventures just can't take place - you have to understand that.

let me guess, you went full on low carb

also, i know a girl who knows a girl who knew a girl who stopped eating bread and she DIED
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    let me guess, you went full on low carb

also, i know a girl who knows a girl who knew a girl who stopped eating bread and she DIED
    lol. And just because I want to see it in this thread twice.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    **SPLUTTER**

Damn it, this one really should have come with a beverage alert.

**wipes black coffee off of keyboard**