Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: I ate a sandwich today.... page 6

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I guess my approach to the Internet is not working, I've been away from technology for a bit training in the mountains. Not used to forums. The name calling is a bit harsh. Being a strict vegetarian for many years, I'm trying something different because I miss meat now and then.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    But you felt comfortable coming to this forum and calling our lifestyle dangerous?
    Most likely, Mark knows more about this subject than you.
    Just saying.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Wait... you were a strict vegetarian who decided to eat meat again... and you decided to tell us that NOT eating "bread" was dangerous?
    WTF.... LOL.

C'mon dude...
    Bread has NO nutrition in it that cannot be obtained easily from other sources.
    And actually MOST of the nutrition in bread is from additive vitamin powders.

It's empty calories... you can do better for your body, but if you want to eat it go right ahead... just don't tell people it's dangerous NOT to.

That is genuinely ridiculous. I'm sure you understand that.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    I guess my approach to the Internet is not working, I've been away from technology for a bit training in the mountains. Not used to forums. The name calling is a bit harsh. Being a strict vegetarian for many years, I'm trying something different because I miss meat now and then.
    You need to make a choice~ just missing meat once in awhile is not a reason to half-ass primal. Just have your occasional steak and move on. Because you will never have the benefits of primal by jumping on and off the vegetarian wagon. And that's why you don't 'get it'.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    What a vague, nonsensical thread this is. And are you honestly calling primal "dangerous"? So you're saying that had you taken away the two slices of bread from your sandwich, it would have been a "dangerous" sandwich? Troll harder bro.

Grains are the food of livestock. Personally, my skin is very sensitive, and eating grains and/or high carb triggers acne (and cramps, tiredness, etc). This is a sign that my body and my immune system do not like these things. And even if I heal my gut to an extent that my skin no longer fluctuates based on what I eat, I'm still keeping away, because these foods are still not optimal.
    Last edited by Bosnic; 08-21-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I think your original post set you up for failure in your approach. Calling something that 90+% of the people here adhere to (no grains) "dangerous" was perhaps just a poor choice of expressing yourself......OR........your getting the reaction you deserve. Either way, the harshest thing I've seen you called is a troll. Doesn't seem all that bad.

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    Anyone who has ever spent anytime on concrete, asphalt, or even SAND in the South... knows that there is a legitimate NEED for a shoe like a VFF...
    Just sayn.

My son used to never wear shoes unless in school, or he absolutely had to inside public places... but I'd warn him about his beach forays. And then a few years ago at about 17 (he had been barefoot his whole life) he did it... he was a teen and off with his friends and he ignored me. He had huge thick callouses and unlike his friends he couldn't "feel" the burning as much... so he would walk the beach until his feet felt over heated, then he would cool them off in the water for a bit... then he walked home on the asphalt.

His entire soles were blistered off his feet! They raised up in big roundish circles.
    Thankfully they weren't deep burns... but they did peel off, and his feet were very sore for a long time after.

Yeah... I wear VFFs.
    I have 3 marathons barefoot, so far. And a 50k on trails, barefoot with no issues. I have a pair of vibrams but I prefer skin to ground. I don't like any type of footwear when running. My soles are porcelain smooth, if you have callouses you are doing it wrong. Barefoot running is very comfortable.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I am curious what sort of a response you expected? Your post didn't seem to genuinely ask for advice, and assumed that we are all uneducated idiots, so you just HAD to warn us that this is "dangerous". Please. If that's not trolling, I don't know what is. I've been strict vegetarian/vegan for the last 12 years. I think most of us on here have gone through our own journeys with food and are probably more educated about nutrition than the average person.

So, maybe if you're not trolling, you can tell us what you were hoping to accomplish by posting this?

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Fwiw, his last name is Gentile, About « Barefoot Gentile
    And he appears to be an ardent long distance runner. Mayhaps he does need some more carbs than many here espouse....
    But his comments put him in troll's territory. Good for him, he burns up grains & feels better than when he didn't eat them. But to knock something that does help so many others, knowing people here would respond, as they have.....smells like troll spirit!
    Last edited by Betorq; 08-21-2012 at 12:31 PM.
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have 3 marathons barefoot, so far. And a 50k on trails, barefoot with no issues. I have a pair of vibrams but I prefer skin to ground. I don't like any type of footwear when running. My soles are porcelain smooth, if you have callouses you are doing it wrong. Barefoot running is very comfortable.
    You don't live where the ground (concrete, asphalt, and sand) routinely becomes 130-140 degrees for a long period of the day because of the difference of the angle to the sun. We don't get hot on "hot days" for a few hours in the afternoon. It's hot by mid morning and doesn't begin to cool until evening.

Speak to what you know.
    Down south burning of even the most seasoned feet is a legitimate danger. My son had and entire life time (17years) of barefoot under his belt... his feet were tough and used to pretty much anything he could throw at them.

You do have layers of skin built up... that is callous... callous can be VERY smooth. It does not have to be rough.
    I barefoot as well as wear VFF's... I do NOT barefoot during hot months here in FL, because the hard surfaces and sand can and WILL burn the skin off a persons feet if they are not very careful.

Also, the ground in much of FL is made of sand... and broken seashells... guess what they do if you run on them.
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-21-2012 at 12:32 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast