Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: I ate a sandwich today.... page 17

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Personally, I get very gassy and bloated within an hour of eating wheat. If I eat it for more than a day or so, I get cramping in my toes and restless legs at night. I also find that I am a little breathess and my heat tolerance isn't as good as when I avoid it.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I did not eat a sandwich again last night.

Instead I had some salad, steak, asparagus with cheese sauce, and NO bread. It was a perfect dinner and such a relief to step away from CW. I actually had more energy than ever after such a late dinner, and I walked around the lake for an hour, then rode two hours home in the car getting home at 11pm and I still was not tired, so I had some "special time" with my husband. Personally for me being "CW" doesn't work for me, or at least I will never be more than 10% CW, because I just think it's SAD. Being CW seems to be more about people that want to do chronic cardio and be smug, which is awesome for them I guess, but be careful, this whole CW thing seems dangerous. Just take caution. Eat healthy, don't be a slave to a "common" diet that fails 90% of the time, find one with some credibility instead.

Peace!

There... FTFY.
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-25-2012 at 04:02 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe I read the whole thing! I need a hobby.

JennGlob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by newberrycrater View Post
    I can't believe I read the whole thing! I need a hobby.
    Don't feel bad I did too. Since we are throwing in our grain horror stories.. My nose is no longer RED since giving up grains. It is very exciting to not have to explain to people, children included, that I don't know why my nose is always red.... No, I'm not that much of a drunk...etc, etc. I did have pizza the other day, and as has happened other times since going primal, I woke up with 2 white heads on the tip of my nose..very sexy. Gotta give up the grains for good..
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

oxide is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot Gentile View Post
    I have noticed since i cut down the bread, grains I do not need to take any GU's or eat before a long run. I just got back from a 2.5 hour run, and just brought my hand held filled with water. I didn't eat anything just rolled out of bed and hit the streets, and never felt hungry.

Just curious what are the side effects for the people who get sick from eating wheat. I can eat wheat all the time and never feel sick, tired, bloated, etc.
    I too would like to thank you for the non-troll post. I guess you aren't as sensitive to wheat as other people. If you recognize that, then you're out of trolldom.

Older wheats have 14 chromosomes, the new stuff has 23 chromosomes. The result is that the new wheat has hundreds of new types of gluten proteins in it. Stuff that our ancestors were never exposed to. Maybe different people are reacting to the different proteins? Some get celiac, some get irritable, some get acid reflux (me), some get Chron's, some get diabetes, some get really obese, some get inflammation, some get skin rashes, some get lots of phlem, some get loose stools, and so on.

You may not have a reaction, or only have a mild reaction. Not everyone is as luckly.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

patski is offline Senior Member
    I had pizza the other night from what *used* to be my favourite place.

It tasted bland and boring. After three slices, I was still hungry, but stopped eating.

Give me steak any day over wheat. My body certainly isn't nourished by it.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post

Older wheats have 14 chromosomes, the new stuff has 23 chromosomes. .
    New Wheat is worse than that it has 42 chromosomes, far removed from its humble beginnings as the staff of life.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Oh my god I ate wheat the other day and I didn't die. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't all that good either. There are so many great things to eat in this world and not enough time to try them all. I'd sure hate to die with a huge trail of bread and bagel bags in my wake when I could have been eating more interesting things.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Oh my god I ate wheat the other day and I didn't die. It wasn't bad. But it wasn't all that good either. There are so many great things to eat in this world and not enough time to try them all. I'd sure hate to die with a huge trail of bread and bagel bags in my wake when I could have been eating more interesting things.
    I go to the Asian grocery~ they import from all over the world! I see fresh veggies there that I've never heard of before. How exactly do you use lotus root! But the variety of just the stir-fry greens is awesome, never mind the other veggies and the fresh (alive) fish ~ who has time/room to waste on wheat?

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617