Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: I ate a sandwich today.... page 14

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by qqemokitty View Post
    lol.

every time you guys reply seriously to Barefoot Gentile, he (she?) does this irl:

=P
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, how I love memes.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

stumprrp is offline Member
    Ive read Martins articles. I'm not a bodybuilder. I wasnt trying to impress anyone, i was just saying thats probably why i'm always really hungry and i love to eat....

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh, how I love memes.
    me too, that gif is a particular favorite. =P

tapper47 is offline Senior Member
    14 pages and honestly I skipped from page 3 to the end.

I just love the internet.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    This is how we like our bacon...if we must eat it some other way besides straight up.

Bacon, Grape and Broccoli Salad | Paleo Diet Lifestyle
    Really interesting combination, thank you! Seeing cabbage is new right now, and grapes are coming in wonderful and fresh, new season, so I might give a go to the new combination, just replace broccoli that is the same year round with the new cabbage. Mmgh, sounds like something interesting. Gonna send the recipe to hubby, see if he is into it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Sheesh Barefoot Gentile,

Being a member of the huaraches group, one would think you'd heard about Maffetone and running marathons in ketosis by now. Those people are more rabid about low carb than people here are. Maybe you've been away for a while? Here are some useful recent topics:

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...es/tQaIfEMtELM[76-100]
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...es/E7gfTDcpf-s
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...es/TXi94TK82Ec
    https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...es/wVZqgXPgy9s

Well, just go to the first page and scroll the list. About every 5th topic seems to be about LC or VLC and running and it's been like that for about 2 years or more. So I really don't quite understand your reason for trolling here. You don't do it over there and those people are more low carb and actual runners. Maybe you are scared of them?
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Tercio is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mizvalentine View Post
    Yeah, I was thin and muscular and invincible at 23 and I lived on vodka tonics, cheese toast and a bad attitude!

I say enjoy the hell out of it but be prepared. People in their 30s used to warn me about how tired I'd be, how I couldn't lose weight as easily, how I couldn't, oh I dunno, stay out til 5am and drink a river of beer and still kick ass at work the next day But its OH so true.

I had a blast but I wish I'd laid a better foundation of health for myself then.
    Amen to that. When I was 23 I lived on Dos Eqquis Dark, Dorritos and a variety of illegal substances. I wore 30 inch waist jeans that fell off my hips. I now, at 60, have health problems that will probably take years off my life. Live fast, die young and leave a good looking corpse we used to say. Lot's did, but it just didn't work out that way for me.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stumprrp View Post
    Wake up? No, this whole forum needs to wake up. If you had THAT much of a problem then you must of experienced it pre-primal and knew before hand that grainless was the way to go. I'm making comments about the people who clearly ate plenty of bread before trying this life style. I never did say in that post "everyone has mental issues". I said IM starting to believe its mental.

That post was in no way a bash, but an opinion. Things are taken too far around here. The overall attitude is poor. If you treat yourself to a plate of pasta your gut will instantly rot and your life span is decreased by a year. Thats my opinion.

Sorry for the harshness.

I have eaten plenty of grains (cereal for breakfast, bread for lunch, pasta for dinner, cookies of snacks) throughout my life. Over time my joints have begun to ache (especially my hips), been told that I have IBS (have also had a biopsy for celiac disease - which thankfully was negative), and had this lower back pain that would never go away. No one (doctors) ever suggested that I cut out grains.

Since Jan this year and cutting out all grains - my hips don't ache at all, anymore, ever, no matter how much walking I do; no more IBS symptoms; and no more back pain. That is my experience and I do not assume that it will work for everyone. I do think it's worth an honest try if you're having some kind of health issue.

I think most people here have been supportive of what works for different people. If you want to eat grains, no one is stopping you and I personally think that if you have no issue with it then go ahead and eat it. I don't give a crap.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

I ate 2 pieces of pizza today...and I hate cats.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I ate 2 pieces of pizza today...and I hate cats.
    Buuutttt....
    GingerTom!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast