Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Indoor/Apartment Cooking page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    May I recommend the Romertopf? It's a very low tech form of slow cooker. I love crock pots, slow cookers, etc., but when I got outta dodge in a very small car, I took my small Romertopf. Amazon.com: romertopf: Home & Kitchen

Used correctly, it turns just about any meat into something wonderful. If you like the whole over flames taste, this won't work for you, but I love it.

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    I just open the window ...

I have an extractor fan over the hob, but it recirculates into the room. Genius. Window open. Put up with the cold! You've got some meat on its way.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I usually open a couple of windows to get air flowing so that when I cook bacon and other aromatic foods, the aroma can go outside and tempt my neighbors. I honestly never really burn anything to the point of smoking or setting off fire alarms. I just keep my range's fan on high to disperse any smoking that may happen; however, I love when my apartment smells of bacon, burgers, or curry, so it doesn't really bother me.

I do recommend a crock pot though. It's fantastic for chili, braising all sorts of meat, stews, soups, and even layered dishes like eggplant lasagna. It can still make your apartment smell [like delicious food!] but the odds of burning something enough to result in setting off a smoke detector is pretty slim.
    Last edited by MissJecka; 08-21-2012 at 07:04 AM.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Glockin Grok is offline Senior Member
    May i recommend a George forman grill? Makes a decent steak/fish/burgers and even catches all the fat for you to poor some back on or into a grease jar in your fridge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12