Thread: Paleo/real food dietitian? page

Helen85 is offline Junior Member

Paleo/real food dietitian?

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I am starting university in a few weeks to study dietetics. Maybe I am mad because there is so much I disagree with when it comes to mainstream nutritional information. I tend to stick with a paleo type diet most of the time myself.

Am I kidding myself when I think I can become a dietitian and convince everyone that eating real food is healthier than eating processed junk?

I can not wait to study something which I am really passionate about but I am worried I will spend the next four years pulling my hair out

Anyone any advice?

Helen

merryish is offline Senior Member
    Helen - there's a pretty decent article on this subject over at RobbWolf.com:

Higher Education: I want to be a Paleo RD

Hope that helps!

thank you, this was very useful and makes me feel a bit more positive

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I have plans to become an RD and it will be a long road for me as I got my bachelor's at a school that wasn't an ADA approved school so I will have to get my master's now and I will have to do it part-time, but it is my passion. If we don't become RD's how can we help make the changes that need to made?
    Last edited by healthy11; 08-20-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    yea iv started a long road, just completed evening classes for two years and now have a four year degree in front of me. I picked to study dietetics because i think people will have more faith in me than if i was just going to study nutrition. I hope i am right. Good luck!