Thread: Food companies sponsoring Nutrition Bodies page

Dirlot is offline Senior Member

Food companies sponsoring Nutrition Bodies

Primal Fuel
    A very interesting article about who sponsors the major nutrition foundations. Those same foundations and associations that help determine the SAD diet.

Nutrition - where will a student be taught the truth?

It seems that most of the big players, British Nutrition Foundation, American Dietetic Association, and the Dieticians Association of Australia are all sponsored and supported by many of the big food groups. What a huge conflict of interest.

I particularly like this from the article where she quotes Kaaya Daniel at the 2011 Weston Price Conference Ė ďIf youíre told itís bad, itís good and if youíre told itís good, itís bad Ė work on that basis and you canít go far wrong!Ē
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Interesting article for sure. It should be pounded into everyone's head that when given health advice, we must follow the money to see who paid the "expert."

It also took me to this article on how the whole 5 portions per day of veggies and fruits campaign was spawned: Five a day: The truth

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for that....I always wondered about the five a day campaign. In the link you posted she mentions the huge change in our diet 30 years ago which is about when she says the obesity epidemic started.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Ironically, when I was a mere slip of a girl (like when dinosaurs roamed the earth), I used to joke that everytime I tried
    to "improve" my diet, i.e., follow CW on meals per day, proportions of meat/veggies/carbs, I would gain weight. Looks like
    the whole country did the same.

Eventually vanity won, and I stopped listening to the experts.

(I also seem to put on weight when I'm married, but I can find no research to understand this phenomenon.) heh.