Thread: Homemade Cream Cheese!! page

BennettC is offline Senior Member

Homemade Cream Cheese!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So I've just finished my first batch of homemade cream cheese with raw milk! Any suggestions for using the whey. Post workout? I've also read i can use it as a starter culture for yogurt and sour milk

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    You can use the whey for lacto-fermenting many things. I haven't done this myself as I just found a source for raw milk, but this blog has many entries on the topic:

30 Second Lacto-fermented Salsa | CHEESESLAVE
    Lacto-fermented Ketchup — and French Fries! | CHEESESLAVE
    Homemade Lacto-Fermented Mayonnaise | CHEESESLAVE
    Lacto-Fermented Dill Pickles | CHEESESLAVE

I think the book "Nourishing Traditions" also has some tips/recipes for whey.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    +1 to the whey in the homemade Mayo.

I haven't tried the other stuff, because I don't really use them that much... but the mayo works great.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Ferti is offline Senior Member

Thumbs down

I use it in the Lacto-fermented salsa from Nourishing Traditions - awesome. I give it to my chickens too. Just made a cherry salsa that is tasty. I literally just ate some homemade cream cheese on these http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35975.html with the salsa.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Homemade Cream Cheese!!
    Primal Fuel

So I've just finished my first batch of homemade cream cheese with raw milk! Any suggestions for using the whey. Post workout? I've also read i can use it as a starter culture for yogurt and sour milk

Bennett C

Sorry no advice but a question: do you have a link to the process you used, or did I miss it? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Homemade Cream Cheese!!
    Primal Fuel

Bennett C

Sorry no advice but a question: do you have a link to the process you used, or did I miss it? Thanks.
    Thanks for the ideas guys, here is the link. Sorry for not posting that originally. Took 4 full days for me in a cabinet.
    How to make Whey and Cream Cheese from Nourishing Traditions

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Thank you.
    So warning guys, just had my first taste. It's different, I like it a lot but its nothing like the stuff from the store. You can really taste all the bacteria in it lol. Haven't tried the whey yet. Let me know how yalls turns out!

ennaejay is offline Member
    If you can't find something creative, such as using it in your baking which kills all the good bugs anyway, or freezing it to use in smoothies, or using it to culture other foods, or soak your nuts, Just DRINK it. Full of good stuff, refreshing, tangy. Add a spritz of lemon or a spoon of raw honey if you can't handle the tang. We drink it all the time when I'm sick of looking at it in the fridge (keeps for weeks!).