Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Protein sparing modified fast, but Primal. page 2

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    So 3 days normal, 1 day fast, repeating?

M e
    T e
    W e
    TH f
    F e
    S e
    SU e
    M f ...and so on?
    Yup~ you can also throw in a 2e,1f here and there. Helps when something special is coming up so you don't have a fast day on a 'party' day. Very flexable, just remember to have more eat days than fast days in a week.

2tall is offline Member
    That sounds a hell of a lot safer.

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    If you've only been primal for 1 month, I think you need to give your body more time before doing anything drastic. If your IBS is improving, it's very possible that your body is trying to heal some things before it starts shedding weight. This isn't a race to see who can lose the most weight the quickest, and the slower it comes off the more likely you are to keep it off. So I say continue to nourish your body for another 2 months and then see how it's doing. You may very well find out that your body starts to shed weight once it is fully nourished. You may have some severe deficiencies from the IBS.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    If you've only been primal for 1 month, I think you need to give your body more time before doing anything drastic. If your IBS is improving, it's very possible that your body is trying to heal some things before it starts shedding weight. This isn't a race to see who can lose the most weight the quickest, and the slower it comes off the more likely you are to keep it off. So I say continue to nourish your body for another 2 months and then see how it's doing. You may very well find out that your body starts to shed weight once it is fully nourished. You may have some severe deficiencies from the IBS.
    This is incredibly wise advice.

2tall is offline Member
    You mean.... like nutrient malabsorption?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
    You mean.... like nutrient malabsorption?
    and very serious deficiencies.

So far I'm a month into Primal, without really any tangible physical results. (body fat, measurements, etc.)
    there was an immediate disconnect for me when i then read this:
    My IBS is much-MUCH improved. It's amazing to me that my stomach doesn't hurt all the time anymore.
    to go from being in constant pain and distress to NEVER, is no improvement? yipes.

only being a month in i think any kind of long fast is nutz. in fact, i think any kind of long fast is just nutz.

let your body heal. are you eating all sorts of good superfoods like eggs, liver and leafy greens? are you eating enough? you're a big dude.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 08-20-2012 at 02:06 PM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

2tall is offline Member
    Oh, yes there's an IBS improvement. That alone makes it all worth it really.

I just meant no... mirror or measuring tape improvement. =)

I've been getting around 2400 calories a day, pretty close on my macros. I do eat dairy, or I'd have trouble getting 2400 in.
    I eat about 4 eggs a day, and SO MANY animals. Primarily cows, salmon, some turkey, and chicken for variety.

staple plants are bananas, cucumbers, romaine, onions (So many onions)... carrots.
    Plus of course cashews, almonds... macadamia nuts.

I'm not eating any organ meats... yet.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I have done 2 cycles of the Lyle's RFL diet. I was a cat 1 dieter meaning only on for 11-12 days with a full 3 day break. I followed his formula to the letter including running the EC stack which helps a lot with hunger. The first cycle I didn't use the EC stack and I was miserable by day 7. Craved carbs/fat like a mofo. Second time around, with EC, was totally manageable.

Just follow the calculator and make sure you take all the supplements. I didn't suffer from anything other than mild/moderate (no EC) hunger. The results were fantastic. I went this route after a 8 week bulk because I can't stand long term cutting. It's horrible.

Lyle is a real dick but his methods work.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Paleobird Guest
    Um, you can either do the EC stack thing or you can be primal. Drug cocktails are not primal and could be the worst thing in the world for someone trying to recover from digestive issues. Yikes.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Agree with others, take it slow. Wait at least six months so your body can get used to getting real food! I don't know how deprived you were, but I was so malnourished I ate large quantities of liver twice weekly for several weeks on end before my body had refilled its nutrient stores. I would save the "eating less" for at least several weeks from now, after eating lots of nutrient-dense food and rebuilding your body. You might find the weight naturally comes off once your body has what it needs. My loss has been slow and sustainable. One to two pounds a month on average, but I wasn't terribly obese to start with.

Don't mix things up too much. Let your body adapt to one thing at a time.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast