Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What are your triggers? page 4

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    For me, it's not any particular food sugary or salty. It's the shape of the food, I know, weird. Anything that comes in bite-size packets. Could be grapes, or mints (bad), could be macadamia nuts ($$$), could be M&Ms (bad girl!), could be a whole quart of frozen berries, could be Pringles (bad girl!), could be bite-size beef jerky bits. Anything that's not soupy or crumbly, and that I can eat hand to mouth, is a weakness for me.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Barefoot Gentile is offline Senior Member
    I snack all the time, everyday! What a triggers, eat normal and healthy without following a plan, its more natural.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    One of my trigger foods obviously is watermelon. Last nite I ate....and ate...and ate.
    I woke up feeling kindof crappy this morning. So peeps, if you wake up and have regrets about something that has happened the night before and it involves eating watermelon, you:

a) Are getting old
    b) Need to get a fricking life
    c) All of the above

audfish7 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    For me: nuts and nut butters. God, I love them and I've posted a thread that has gotten lots of attention lately as to how excessive my consumption is. When I start, I can't stop... seriously.

Regarding your issue, try what I'm going to try (but keep procrastinating... whoops!). Just stop. Remove the trigger from your household.
    I got a really difficult tupperware to open and put the nuts in it....I am thinking of keeping the nuts at work in portioned packets.....I am thinking of freezing them in a block of ice and sticking them in the back of the freezer.....lol. ALMONDS! Maybe I could have a neighbor keep them. Then I would have to go out of the house to get them....... lol.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by audfish7 View Post
    Maybe I could have a neighbor keep them. Then I would have to go out of the house to get them....... lol.
    Better yet, make it the cranky neighbor (relative, in-law) you try to avoid...
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Let's see... there's a custom lightened trigger on my Taurus CIA model 650 .357 mag hammerless w/ crimson trace laser grip, there's a trigger on my "Baby"9 (G26), a trigger on my .45 (G21), there's a trigger on my tiny bitty little Ruger .380 LCP with laser, there's one on my 12ga. shotgun, the trigger on my custom Mauser 22-250 my Dad built, and also a very special one on the Luger P08 that my grandfather brought home from WW2...
    And the entire crazy ass collection of them that I stand to inherit from my father (gunsmith/collector).

Ahhh triggers.
    I kinda like them.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234