Hello! What follows is my first forum entry, made on 31 July of this year on the "Meet and Greet" topic. I pasted it here today because I thought it would be a good way to start my journal.

I have struggled since that first forum entry because of what I call the "triple threat:" my birthday followed by my anniversary, followed by my daughter's birthday, all three of which happen within 8 days. All the celebrating led to a massive "backslide" so I gained back the five pounds I lost in the first month of going Primal.

Support, understanding, and a good motivating kick when necessary are all what I hope to gain from keeping my Primal journal here. Perhaps I can be supportive in the same way to others here as well.

Now that my journal is established I am excited to move forward in Primal Mode!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your location:Ohio

Age (If you want):46

How Primal are you:I would say that I am frustratingly at about 75% there, but very motivated and working hard to make a complete change soon.

Do you consume dairy:Yes; I eat full-fat Greek yogurt- about three 8 oz. servings a week. I have about one ounce of full-fat cheddar once or twice a week, and then I really like a serving of Bluebonnet whey protein isolate powder mixed with unsweetened coconut milk once or twice a week.

Do you drink coffee or tea:Coffee, black, sweetened with either stevia, cane sugar, or maple sugar (no more than one tablespoon of the sugar per day)

Motivator for switching to Primal: Desire to improve my diet and health.To kick a strong sugar addiction. To lose excess body fat and improve muscle strength. All of these thing have happened In the last month of trying to switch to "primal mode!" I have lost five pounds and alleviated the pain and symptoms I have had with osteoarthritis, autoimmune thyroid disease, and fibromyalgia. Another words, a noticeable amount of daily pain symptoms just went away after about a week.

Favorite exercise: Zumba Fitness, walking, Tabata, and strength training.

Favorite Primal food: Avocado

Best part about being Primal:That fats actually DO fuel my body and that I don't have to nearly kill myself with cardio to feel fit, confident, and healthy.

Worst part about being Primal: Right now, I'm still in the honeymoon phase, haha. There isn't a worst part for me yet!