Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from West Yorkshire, UK. page

Mark7 is offline Junior Member

Hello from West Yorkshire, UK.

Primal Fuel
    Hi All,

a bit of back ground for me; Been resistance training for around 8 or 9 years now, which lead me onto some pretty horrid diets along the way. the birth of my daughter 9 months ago made me re-asses life and decided that being healthy and living a long and active life is my main intention.

as such I've decided to be much more strict in my Paleo/Primal living and began exercising in a way to promote longevity in my muscles/body and keep me mobile for as many years as possible.

i also implement ADF 3 days a week, fasting for 30-36 hours.

Any questions or comments are always welcome

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the Forum. There are a number of Brits knocking about so you won't get lonely. I now believe that I am a fat burner as I decided to miss tea yesterday and really still wasn't too hungry this morning.

The doctor who did the TV programme on fasting a few weeks back settled on 600 calories two days a week. I will see what suits me once I have got to the weight/look I'm happy with. I'm still losing weight and eating a reduced number of calories and I don't think I'll try fasting other than just missing the occasional meal.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

i have tried many routes of fasting and it all comes down to mental will power, but some routes have required less will power than others.
    at the moment i eat low carb <50g a day and often much less than that and this in turn makes fasting very easy.

if i lose too much weight i will switch to the 5/2 method, but i would much rather have at least 3 full fast days in there.

modified ADF whereby consuming a small meal on fast day i will try to avoid at all costs except maybe eating some Sauerkraut before bed, i have tried the modified ADF before and to be honest it is alot hard to eat a small meal and stop eating than it is to just accept that i will wait until the morning.

i do my weight training fasted i.e after the 30-36hour fast and begin eating upon completion of the fast.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Hello from just down t'road
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Yes another fellow northen monkey!! Although I do class myself of the red rose veriety!! lol! Actually I am from the cheshire side of manchester!!

I have been doing this for a week now!! already feeling the benefits so will be good to have another perspective!!

Originally from Stockton - County Durham, so yes very much a Northern monkey.

how have you found the first week Urbancaveman? How long are you fasting and how is your mood towards the end of a fast?

I had a bit of a relapse this weekend but overall its been ok!! I just tend to skip a meal or two rather than aim to not eat for 24hours or 18 hours etc! I think its a mind over matter thing, so I just keep telling myself that I don't need that food right now and that my body won't waste away if I missed eating dinner etc... Like today I missed breakfast, just had a salad with prawns for breakfast and I feel fine!

Pre Primal, I used to fall asleep at my desk about 2.30pm because I was on a massive downer after drowning myself with carbs, but since I have been doing this, this hasn't occured, with immediate effect!

So already noticing results!

I am just about to start adding exercise into the programme aswell!

i wish i could nap at my desk, i need to introduce napping into my life. have not worked out how to implement this yet as i am never tired until the evening.

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Hi Mark. Never tried a 36 hr fast. will have to work up to that. I usually just skip one or two meals with water/green tea/black coffee to keep me going.

jilly_uk is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello from another Northerner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast