Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Were all doomed by eating meat! page

Moochy is offline Senior Member

Were all doomed by eating meat!

After listening to him for 5 minutes, I was looking for him to add this:

"But wait, if you start Vegan now we will throw in a complete set of Ginsu knives for FREE!!"

I am hiding under my bed right now wondering if I will survive:

This moron has a web site Atkins Exposed
    Last edited by Moochy; 08-19-2012 at 11:17 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    doom doom doomy doom doom *nodnodnod*
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    It's an hour long, somebody recap that for me, I'll be waiting over here...eating a steak.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    He is going on and on and on that meat eating is killing Americans and vegans are healthier because they do not eat meat. He is going through the leading causes of death and showing how meat eating is the cause and being vegan reduces all risks of the leading causes of death.

"If you tell a lie often enough, people begin to believe it" Seriously, vegan shit reminds me of party line propagnada,
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    By his reasoning the oatmeal cookies that I pigged out on as a child (which had the consistency of caramel, to give you an idea of the sugar content) were better for me than the sugar induced hour of vibrating I did afterwards.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Good View Post
    sugar induced hour of vibrating I did afterwards.
    I think I'm reading this the wrong way.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    doesn't all that vibrating burn extra calories?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    from the blog link, since i'm not sitting through the video of malarkey:

Dr. Atkins (or Ruth West?) writes: "... most balanced diets are around 50 percent carbohydrate, 30 percent protein, and 20 percent fat." They are not. Typical balanced American diets have half that amount of protein and twice that amount of fat.
    huh? this is neither atkins, nor true of the SAD.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I think I'm reading this the wrong way.
    Meh, I started "going into rut" (so to speak) at around 3-4 so while you may be off about what I used you aren't too far off about what I was doing. Although that back massager was AMAZING.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

RyRo17 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I recently went on an all plant-based/starch diet for 30 days as a test. Now, previously I had been on my primal diet (low starch/carb) for ~7 months so it isn't exactly apples to apples but here's what I found:

I was miserable in more ways than one eating starchy foods with little to no fat/animal protein. First, I had terrible bloating, cramps, and gas. I was almost never completely full after eating what seemed like a mountain of potatoes, corn, rice, etc etc etc. I also felt more agitated and began to develop acne on face, arms, back that I never had while on a my primal diet. Now, I have to admit a couple of positives as well: more energy in the gym and cheaper grocery bill.

So, my conclusion is this: I feel better eating meat regularly and heavily limiting my starches, carbs.

I think the guy in the video is full of ISH. He is basically saying you will not get cancer by being a vegan and you don't even have to exercise any more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast