Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The Look Great/Feel Amazing Journey of Grokalicious! page 9

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay, now you are motivating me with your unassisted pull-up. I SO want to be able to do that. In fact, I think I might just have to go downstairs and do some (much assisted) pull-ups tonight.

You're doing great!!

Grokalicious is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Can't wait for those before and after pics! Heh heh...
    Ha! I can't even get it together to shoot the befores (but will). Clothed, 'natch.
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Okay, now you are motivating me with your unassisted pull-up. I SO want to be able to do that. In fact, I think I might just have to go downstairs and do some (much assisted) pull-ups tonight.

You're doing great!!
    I really wish I could do more though! Am clueless how to improve on that. With dips I just decreased the supporting weight on the assisted dip machine (called a Gravitron, I believe) until I didn't need any assistance. I just read your journal and sounds like you are doing great yourself.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Got a good reason, for taking the easy way out...

Actually, not true. But I could have taken the easy way out several times today. I had a long ass day. Took the day off from working out as it occurred to me that I hadn't in a while. A least since Thanksgiving or before. My body is sore from pushing it! So, it felt good. I worked all day and got a lot done. Was too tired to cook tonight and stopped in Whole Foods and thought I would have an organic spinach soufflé. Read the back to check ingredients. Nope. Read the back of many packaged items only to say "no, no, no, and no." Eggs and salad for dinner. Clean and easy.

Gawd, I am such the hedonist. In the sense that I like to enjoy what I experience with taste and smell (all of the senses, really). Let us just say that I am learning to love life sans dairy. Sugar and wheat (and other grains) no problem. Dairy? I never dreamed I would both miss it and be glad I am done with it. I have relied on dairy for flavor forever as I am not the most creative cook so am a little clueless now without being able to use it in food. On the other hand, yippy-friggin-skippy because I feel like a million bucks. No phlegm, no bloat, dark circles are fading. And, weight is falling off of me like crazy. Yes!

Check out this vid on wheat being poison. My Mom sent the link to me as she has questioned anyone not eating wheat. No more though. She is done!!! Yay!!! A convert!!!!!

Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says - CBS News

Off to relax in the tub!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Diogenes is offline Member
    You go, girl, you're on a roll. You already looked great. You're going to have Mr. Man of Your Dreams wrapped around your finger!

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    You go, girl, you're on a roll. You already looked great. You're going to have Mr. Man of Your Dreams wrapped around your finger!
    Awww, thanks! From your mouth to God's ears.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

...it is a tale. Told by an idiot...

Lots of idiot tales today. None of which were mine. I did, however, navigate through others' idiocies all through the day. I think I've heard every b.s. pitch out there about every kind of wine. Anyway, it doesn't upset me, it just makes me smile. I just don't take the "used car salesman" approach. I tell the truth about the wines in the most charming way that I can and am glad to have an easy go with people. If I can get them to laugh, I'm in like Flynn...

Off for a work related bite this evening. At a trendy high-end Mexican restaurant! Didn't even want the chips. I had a water and a natural (no hormones or antibiotics) Kobe beef burger. No bun, of course, and I asked them not to use oil to grill it. It didn't look so great cosmetically (kinda torn up) but it tasted good enough. This was at 6 pm and I hadn't eaten since the morning. And, you know what? I wasnt hungry at all today. Fat, my friends, is the answer. Keeps me sated.

I don't miss sugar. And, for the first time since I quit dairy, I don't miss it either. I've never not had dairy. My whole entire life I've had some sort of dairy. Even when I'd quit eating cheese, or milk (like in cereal), I'd have yogurt. Or, at the very least I have always had cream in my coffee or a cappuccino. If I had known I would feel so great sans dairy, I would have quit ages ago.

Not going to weigh until Sunday or Monday. Definitely feel lighter. Clothes are loooooooooooooooose.
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 03-25-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Great article! Thanks for sharing it.

You're what - a week into your Whole 37? And you don't miss sugar OR dairy. NICE! I had a pretty strong craving yesterday afternoon which I thought was sugar but I think was really more carb related. Luckily some tasty spice tea was enough to beat that monster into submission.

Keep up the good work!

Rising from the ashes of the day...

Our passion are the true phoenixes; when the old one is burnt out, a new one rises from its ashes.
    Johann von Goethe

I needed comfort food today. Let me tell you, there is no such animal on a Whole 30. I've been completely unlike my usual self all day. Pondering too much. Thinking about what needs changing but not letting go. Like a dog incessantly worrying his bone. I was expecting a $ 3,000 extra commission today. Let's just say it's not to be. My hopefully-soon-to-be-ex partner is driving me nuts (yeh, yeh, short drive, I know) and let us just add a little insult to injury...PMS. So, I actually weigh a pound more today. Let us all applaud and shout "bravo." Or, not.

Anyway, no comfort food. With no grains, no dairy and no sugar there is nothing comforting out there. In fact, I've eaten little today for that reason. See, I have no true hunger, just a need to be comforted. So, really, in the long run this is exactly perfect. I just have to work through the BS. And, like the proverbial Phoenix, rise myself up out of the ashes. I am moving out even though I don't have that extra 3k and continuing with all of my other goals of voice over work and promoting my Pop's book and giving everything I possibly can to reinventing myself once again.

There's no such thing as a failure who keeps trying. Floating to the bottom is the only disgrace.

Primal chili is cooking. A little dinner, a hot candle lit bath and off to bed. Workout tomorrow. I don't even remember what day I am on for my Whole 30 (37) but I do know December 31 is the last day. Who knows what I will do in terms of diet after that...

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Diogenes is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I admire your determination. E-hugs for you.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast