Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Look Great/Feel Amazing Journey of Grokalicious! page 8

Diogenes is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokalicious View Post

And, a promise to post before/during photos on January 1st. There, I said it.
    Noted and quoted. No backing out now, lol!

Grokalicious is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    Noted and quoted. No backing out now, lol!
    Yep, believe me, that's a big motivator! Heheh.
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck with your goals. They sound very achievable! You and I seem to be quite similar in size though my scale shows a bit lighter... I need more muscles!!

Have you done a Whole30 before? I'm starting my first one today. Breakfast was rather blah. Need to get more eggs and onions.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Best of luck with your goals. They sound very achievable! You and I seem to be quite similar in size though my scale shows a bit lighter... I need more muscles!!

Have you done a Whole30 before? I'm starting my first one today. Breakfast was rather blah. Need to get more eggs and onions.
    Thanks! And, good luck with your Whole 30! I have not done one before and am changing it very slightly. The original Whole 30 seems to prefer leaner meats. I like my fat and my body seems to do well eating it. The big thing for me will be saying goodbye to dairy. Never ever did that! Are you going to journal about it??

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Thanks! And, good luck with your Whole 30! I have not done one before and am changing it very slightly. The original Whole 30 seems to prefer leaner meats. I like my fat and my body seems to do well eating it. The big thing for me will be saying goodbye to dairy. Never ever did that! Are you going to journal about it??
    No dairy will be difficult for me as well, though I drastically reduced it before. Maybe it won't be so bad. Time will tell. I guess I am also modifying it the same as you, with higher fats. Kind of a Primal Whole30, yes? :-)

I think I will start a journal... I just get caught up in reading others that I haven't taken the time to do my own. Off to do that next!

When you wish upon a star

I still believe that when I wish upon a star that my wishes will absolutely come true. I've thought this since I was a little girl and will never stop believing.

Great day of Whole 30 (37). Awesome early morning workout with Foo Fighters singing in my ears. Squats, bench, dips, pull ups and planks. All with perfect form. Came home and had bacon and eggs with avocado. Not hungry at lunch so didn't eat. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, I shall take an hour long walk along the paseo.

Spent the afternoon at Mr. Man of my Dreams' house just hanging out. Laughed and teased and I don't know when I've had more fun doing nothing. So much sexual tension between the two of us, well, at least on my part. I'm always sure he can hear my heart beating out of my chest, that he knows I have feelings for him. Eh. Who knows. Time will tell. It always does. And don't think I didn't make a wish on the first evening star as I drove home. Of course I did!

And, will shoot my before shot shortly, although I am not putting it up until I have a fabulous after shot to use for comparison. Hopefully by then I will be able to figure out how to post them side by side. So excited about this!! I am counting on great results. Whatever you can put your mind to, you can achieve!
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 01-16-2013 at 06:56 AM.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

One step at a time

Overslept as the alarm was set wrong so no morning walk. But, I can go to the gym after work this late afternoon/early evening and that will work just fine.

3 lbs down already. Yes, it's likely water weight but, shoot, I will take it. My tummy is flatter already, albeit queasy. Just not feeling so great this morning and I think it's from putting coconut milk in my coffee. It's just too rich for me. Anyhoo.

So much to do. Find a place to live, get in better shape (ongoing), work on my VoiceOver demo, get going on my Dad's novel, try to make the most of my job. This too galvanizes me as opposed to overwhelming me, for some reason.

A little sad because I will likely not see Mr. Man of my Dreams until the new year and beyond. Just can't get over my feelings from yesterday. Just so attracted to this man on so many levels. Sigh...

Okay, off to the shower and my day!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Food, glorious food. What is there more handsome?

Three meals every day, each worth a King's ransom. (From the musical, Oliver)

Indeed. I don't understand why it is when I limit my intake of food (type) that I end up with no appetite. I have to figure a way to up my intake because I am eating nothing close to enough food. I feel at a loss because until this Whole 30 I was enjoying cheese as a snack with a piece of fruit. Or, I would eat a packet of jerky on a busy work day just grabbed from Whole Foods. Now, I can't. Today's food was:

Breakfast: chicken and a tossed salad of arugula, olive oil and avocado
    Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs and an apple
    Snack: (ha) espresso
    Dinner: 4 oz of cold roast beef and another salad

Honestly, I hope this was enough food. Not tired and not whining, just wondering! On the other hand, the idea of a Whole 30 is to not count calories but to simply cut out some items. I would welcome any and all suggestions about food to take with me on work days. Remember, I am in my car or accounts all days, so think portable stuff! Like the hard boiled eggs I took today, which will get old fast. Ha. And, really, the whole adieu to dairy hasn't been so bad. Didn't even notice sugar and haven't had grains in ages. I just miss cream in my coffee but am definitely into good espresso.

Went to the gym tonight and did slowwwww cardio on different machines. Not crazy about indoor slow cardio. Taking a walk seems better and my heart rate stays down. I kept having to monkey around on the treadmill with the incline to bring my rate down. Plus, I have a hard time doing anything slowly. Miss Competitive here. So, maybe in the long run, it's good.

Soooo motivated. I've been visualizing good workouts and easy choices with food. Not to mention picturing the scale saying 130.6 at the end of December. Clueless what I will do once I hit that. It all depends on my muscle vs fat situation. I just want to look good clothed AND naked. And, I will.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Look what you've done! I'm melting. Melting. (The Wicked Witch)

Nothing wicked here. And, although I do seem to be melting, my measurements are going down too. I've slowed down a little and expect to fully halt except for a more normal 1-2 lbs (probably 1) loss per week. I lost .8 between yesterday and today for a full loss of 3.8 lbs in 3 days (again, most of which is water, if not all).

Historically this is where I become complacent and less diligent about food intake and exercise. But, not this time, sunshine! Just a devoted little knucklehead. Determined little minx. My back muscles look pretty darn good and this morning at the gym I was able to do 1 unassisted pull up and 10 unassisted dips. Progress is progress, baby. Yay me!

No coffee this morn. I need to get an espresso machine because as much as I love espresso, black coffee falls short in terms of flavour. Starting to be glad about not having dairy. My chronic forever-and-a-day dark undereye circles are much faded already. Huh? The Whole 30 is a beauty treatment too? Awesomeness.

Big long day ahead. I'm expecting something amazingly wonderful to happen. What, I don't know but will report back this evening!

Yes!!!!!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Diogenes is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Three meals every day, each worth a King's ransom. (From the musical, Oliver)

Soooo motivated. I've been visualizing good workouts and easy choices with food. Not to mention picturing the scale saying 130.6 at the end of December. Clueless what I will do once I hit that. It all depends on my muscle vs fat situation. I just want to look good clothed AND naked. And, I will.
    Can't wait for those before and after pics! Heh heh...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast