Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Look Great/Feel Amazing Journey of Grokalicious! page 2

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Yay for needing smaller jeans!!
    Indeed! Phew. Hopefully this trend will continue even while visiting Mom! She said she was going to bake some cookies so we would have something to nibble. I told her not to do that but rather to buy some organic berries to nibble! Much better!

So, I ate a lot of fat today and for the first time in a long time, I feel sated. I've always had low-ish blood sugar (I think the medical term is "reactive hypoglycemia") and constantly fought with wooziness or intensely weird hunger. Sometimes I even had cold sweats, etc. And, I absolutely subscribed to the "eat every 3 hours" theory that CW prescribes. Probably true when you eat grains, etc. you're hungry all the flipping time! I even felt a little off when I first started this on the 17th but mustered on and today I just felt great! Maybe I've switched over. One can hope!

I feel the best I've felt in ages. Solid energy through the day. No snacking. No big meals. Just balanced for my purposes. With fat! My breakdown looks like this:

Fat 74%
    Protein 18%
    Carbs 8%

Tense day. I managed to keep smiling though. As long as you can find something (anything!) to smile about, you're golden. I like to look at my challenges as opportunities.
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 08-28-2012 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Typo Queen!
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Since going with lavish amounts of healthy fats, and lots of good protein, I rarely feel the munchies anymore. And, I don't have "low blood sugar" events anymore, either (this makes my dear husband very, very happy).

I am totally amazed, almost daily, that I make it from breakfast at 5am to noon without any food, and no hunger pangs.

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Grokalicious! I found you!!

While I am no expert at this game we call Primal, it looks like your protein is lower than it should be.

Don't you love not being a slave to meal time? Breakfast these days is 11:45am, dinner around 7pm. Maybe. If we are hungry. Sometimes we forget to eat. Since you just read my journal you know all the ups and downs we've gone through.

I'll be lurking here!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Yes, my protein is low. Odd, especially since I used to be sure to have .8 - 1.0 grams a day per lb of lbm before going primal. It would seem I've over compensated. Am all over the board. I'll get it together at some point.

When it's hot or when I'm a little stressed (both of which are happening!), I just have no appetite. I just recently made a career move that wasn't my most shining moment financially. It's cool. I couldn't have stayed where I was without killing myself with driving and lots and lots of hours of work each week. Now, I have to decide what's next. Perhaps I need to find other marketable skills that aren't wine related, or at least not sales related. I am absolutely over it. Funny, the wine biz is so rife with ego even at the wholesale level (more, really). I always used to say that I didn't care if an account wanted to show me how much more they knew about wine than me as long as they bought. Now, I don't even want to hear about it. The wine industry has effectively drained me of every bit of passion I had for wine. I wasn't even drinking it before I went primal on 17 August. Eh, I still would probably enjoy a good bottle of Champagne but not exactly craving it.

Sleepy. Insomnia reigned supreme last night so hopefully I shall lay mah wee head down soon and sleep, sleep, sleep. Walking in the morning. Planning on more food. I ate some beef jerky today that cost a small fortune (organic, blah, blah) and the sodium got to me. I need grab and go foods that are primal and loaded with protein. Made a yummy pseudo-Thai soup tonight with left over organic chicken, coconut milk, garlic, curry, veggies, etc.

Onward, tomorrow is another day and there are good, no GREAT, things ahead for me.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you've burnt out. I know the feeling all too well. Figuring out what you would love to do next can be a challenge.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Sounds like you've burnt out. I know the feeling all too well. Figuring out what you would love to do next can be a challenge.
    I love a good challenge. Am so up for this! Opportunity is often hidden in burn out. Plus, in spite of being burned out in my profession, I am in a brilliant mood. Just up. I have lots of marketable skills like social networking, PR, marketing, writing, voice-over skills, sales, (er, maybe I need to give that a pass). Great organizer and awesome Calligrapher (ok, the last one isn't so marketable but it's multo cool!).

Yes, long day today. I ate well but am not in the mood to record anything in Paleotrack. No breakfast as I wasn't hungry but I did have some sashimi and a salad for lunch today. Hit the spot, I tell ya! Lots of protein which kept me sated. It really trips me out that I have zero hunger pangs, hypoglycemic reactions, nada. Just steady energy. Heh, not too hungry at dinner and it was muggy again today so I had blackberries and coconut milk and savored every bite.

Jerky McJerkenstein was my last customer today. He's a Chef and thought it would be cool to talk to me in a condescending sing-songy voice as though I was either four years old or mentally challenged. The only challenge was not telling him to eff himself but somehow I muddled through.

And now, four days off and a trip to see Mom. Spoke to her tonight and she mentioned she baked bread. I reminded her that I don't eat it. Then she told me about the hummus and tabbouleh she made. Um, hello? I never ate that even before going Primal. Hilarious. But, she also picked up some organic coconut milk and there are blackberries everywhere in her yard that are screaming to be picked and gulped down. And, she bought some GF steak and some fresh salmon. Yay!!!

So, I ate well (a bit more protein than I have been eating), good walk, great attitude, pants are falling off of my arse (even my cute black skinny pants are loose). Scale said I gained a lb when I stood on it this morning. More like I ate too much salty stuff yesterday! Two weeks into Primal as of tomorrow and no looking back. I feel like a new woman. Yowsa!!!!!

Last edited by Grokalicious; 08-30-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Heheh, y'all know me and my typos

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

I can honestly say that I caught every single trapeze today in my life. Upon arriving at Burbank Airport I was told my flight was cancelled along with every other flight to SFO (where I was connecting to Eugene, OR). Stayed calm, stayed centered and procured the last seat on the last open flight to Portland. Once I got to Eugene I was told by Hertz that although I did indeed have a confirmed reservation, I was lucky to get their last car.

Living right!!! Feasted on prawns and watercress salad. Small handful of pumpkin seeds for dessert and voila!

Stayed Primal all day! Even with the trapeze catching! YAY!!!!!!!!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Yay! good for you

So, enjoy your stay in the PNW.

Back to reality and none the less for wear. Ate brilliantly! One treat at Mom's hands (angel pie with meringue and whipped cream and pineappley lemon curd) that was well worth every slowly savored bite. and, that was it, amis. The rest of my food was on point. Lots of salads made with lettuce she grew herself, and bacon and eggy breakfasts, berries with coconut cream snacks, grass fed steak, artichokes with melted pastured butter, avocados. The usual primal suspects. And, nary a cajoling word from Mom to partake of her bread. She has simply accepted my wishes. No questions, no nagging. No weight loss, but no weight gain either.

Walks on the beach, body weight exercises, cool cool days, relaxing, slept like a baby. Am happy and glad I went.

Tomorrow it's back to work. The gym, a walk around the Paseos at twilight, something yummy for dinner. You know, life is good.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's been a week of emotional changes. Some disappointments, but I just plow through because miring myself does nothing to help. Stayed on point with eating with the exception of my peaches and cream dessert last night. Sliced peaches were fab but the dollop of organic whipped cream was my treat of the week and decidedly not on plan. You know what, though? Quite yummy and not the hugest sin one can commit!

The really great news is that yesterday I held my planks with perfect form longer than ever. Did three sets and held each in the vicinity of 50 seconds, a real step UP from the paltry 30 seconds on my first try. Woo hooo!!!!

Have to find another job. Not making the money I had hoped and feeling suffocated with the incompetency of those upon whom I rely to help with orders and advice. Wish I could get hired to do something having to do with primal living. Ha, well. One never knows. May move in with a roommate in 3 weeks and out of this LTR. Amicably. Still, all of these changes are wild!

Off for a nice long walk. Sunny late summer day, just full of possibilities.
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 10-09-2012 at 10:48 PM.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast