Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Look Great/Feel Amazing Journey of Grokalicious! page 14

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by grokalicious View Post
    i just want to enjoy wine when i'm out for dinner. I want to do voice overs and make sculptures, find something cool to blog about, act in a play and make people laugh, have fun, work out, hike, take an art class, do large scale calligraphy and illumination, go car racing, go to a car show, drink champagne on a warm spring day in reims or ay, fly a glider, go on a helicopter ride, ride a horse at sunset, plant antique roses, paint a mural, take a stand up comedy class, join a cross fit class, throw parties and invite fun and funny people, make everyone laugh that i meet. Oh, and kiss mr. Man. A lot.

And, you know what? So i shall. All of it.
    Woo hoo!

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    You have your list -- I foresee you accomplishing each and every one of those items, now that you have it all laid out.

Re: Mr. Man. It may be just about time to let him know that you have been thinking about him, and would like to get to know him better.

Primal Primate is offline Senior Member
    Great list! I'm currently working on a list of my own - thanks for the inspiration! Best of luck with Mr. Man - if he turns out not to be the one its his loss.

Cheers!
    “There are only two options regarding commitment, You’re either in or your out. There’s no such thing as life in between.” – Anonymous

"Das Beste oder nichts" - Gottlieb Wilhelm Daimler

Grokalicious is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    You have your list -- I foresee you accomplishing each and every one of those items, now that you have it all laid out.

Re: Mr. Man. It may be just about time to let him know that you have been thinking about him, and would like to get to know him better.
    Thanks! I feel really good. It never rains, but certainly pours. More job offers being laid on the table. I see Mr. Man socially this weekend but think I shall wait til I'm ensconced in my new home! Then, all bets are off

: )
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Primate View Post
    Great list! I'm currently working on a list of my own - thanks for the inspiration! Best of luck with Mr. Man - if he turns out not to be the one its his loss.

Cheers!
    Yes!!!! It's all about inspiring one another. It'll be fun to watch my list unfold into reality. I'm sure you'll have fun watching yours do the same.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Fall down, brush myself off, repeat...

In spite of all of the wonderful changes popping up in my life right now, I am starting to feel unbelievably overwhelmed by everything. I feel out of control so, of course (and this is a big thing to confess), I have the need to rededicate myself to something rigid like another Whole 30. WTF does that say? That I hate not being able to control my life in some fashion. Seriously? This is so borderline disordered in terms of thinking and eating. I promised myself last September when I started this job and the world spun out of control that I would just let my life unfold without trying to control every little thing. And, that I would revel in the feelings one experiences during limbo-like transitions. So, I did. And, I got through everything with effing flying colors! Perhaps the current state of affairs is too much all at once.

I love the way I feel during a Whole 30. I don't like wondering if I am being too controlling with myself. New jobs, demos for vo work, new place to live (new bed and TV and so on), new relationship status. Gah!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Once upon a time in suburbia

Ok, so I had a little knee jerk reaction yesterday. Quel surpris. They say confession is good for the soul although I wonder if that's so if one recants it?

My weight is the same and my clothes are huge. That works. Better that than the other way around, non? No workout today because of a dull headache and a bit of malaise. No appetite through the day but I am hungry now. For what, I don't know! What I'd really like is salmon. What I will actually have is grass fed ground beef meatballs.

Can't wait to move out of this uber-suburban town. I don't have 2.5 kids or a mini-van and have never felt at home here. The new place is also suburban but more upscale and in the area in which I grew up. It's about a mile from the high school that I attended. Wild. And, there is a branch of my gym close by. In fact, there are two. Both approximately 5 miles from my guest house in opposite directions. No excuses! Not that I need any. I love to work out. But, need to mix it up a bit as I am growing bored with what I currently do. I've been doing a full body workout but neglecting periodization. I do three sets of each exercise with increasing weight and decreasing reps: squats, dips, assisted pull-ups or chin-ups, incline bench, military bar shoulder presses. And, planks. And HIIT of late to help disperse my stress (it works). I reckon the HIIT is the reason that my clothes are so loose and the consistent weight workouts are why I've not lost scale weight.

Spoke to another potential employer today. A bit too corporate for me which, in my industry, means a lot of hours of work. The job that I left last July saw me working 60-70 hours a week (semi corporate but smaller than the job thingy today). I need less work. More play! The job for which I interviewed on Tuesday seems like a go. Nice portfolio, together manager, nice bennies, a guarantee instead of a draw, a better territory and plenty of time for voice overs.

J and I are being almost too nice to one another. That's cool. The alternative would not be nearly as cool. He keeps asking me if I lost all of this weight because I will be single shortly. No. Well, maybe. It's an extra added benefit! I've always liked being in shape and slender. Somehow, the stress of the old job and the long hours served as an excuse to make poor food choices. I always managed to work out, no matter what, but fell off the healthy wagon and ate loads of crap! Expensive crap because in my biz everyone wants to feed you. They still offer but now know that I will eat grilled fish or fruit or a salad (no meat as restaurant meat is seldom organic or grass fed). Anyway, I am down to 2 more weeks with J. I feel badly for him as he isn't dealing with this anywhere near as well as I am. He also inquires on a daily basis if I am going to date. Really? Sigh. I just tell him I need some time alone. And, I do. Funny, endings are always easier for me than most. Once I feel that audible "click" in my psyche, I'm done. And there is no turning back. Done is done, baby. And, I am done for sure.

Ok, this is turning into the longest journal entry ever. I shall bid you all adieu and a great weekend. Three days off for me!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Climbing to new heights

Quite literally. It is a gloriously beautiful day here in the outskirts of Los Angeles! I had eggs with a side of sautéed mustard greens (in coconut oil) and am off for a hike at a local nature conservancy. There are hawks galore and it's really amazing there so will take some photos and share the love!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

A life well examined...

I over examine everything including my need to examine. I've been pouring over threads in the nutrition forum and it makes me question my current WOE to some degree. I do well with more fat and feel a million times better since eliminating dairy from my world but I question the carb debates that pepper the board over there. It's just a matter of fine tuning all of this to fit your own life and body, I guess. I never had a problem with starchy carbs or sugary ones, really. Not a fan of rice and so on. Never smitten with potatoes. I shall validate my own food choices and thrive on the results.

Having said that, I think I will add in some carbs after my current Whole 30. I've also been observing the macros stated in the "Eat Moar Fat" thread but will (obviously) adjust that as well. Berry season is around the corner and berries are my favorite thing to eat in the whole world. Any and all berries! I don't think I have a weight issue any longer and I do feel amazing so no need to be obsessive. I got on a scale yesterday and I've gained 2 - 3 lbs but fit in a pair of size 2 jeans that I never could get up past my mid thighs.

Maybe I am struggling a little mentally with dairy. Not ice cream but sometimes I miss really good cheese like Spanish Manchego or French Époisse or whatnot. I feel better without but, really, I'd also like to enjoy my life. In moderation.

No hawks yesterday and my iPhone wasn't charged so no photos! Hiking again tomorrow with a friend so perhaps I shall see hawks then. If so, photos!

Off to shop for bed linens and towels etc.

Happy Sunday!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good things happening in here. Enjoy your life... your way!!

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast