Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Look Great/Feel Amazing Journey of Grokalicious! page 12

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Mmmmm that sounds delicious. I need to get groceries today... Adding butternut squash to my list. Thanks!
    So easy to make, even for the domestically challenged like me. It came out great and would have been even better if I'd had an immersion blender. Just not quite puréed enough to my taste. Super filling though!
    One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Something better around the corner...

The guest house was teeeeeeeeeeeny. Great tiles and kitchen area but so small that a queen bed on its own would not have fit. A brief moment of disappointment as I was psyched up to move, but the realization that there are more guest houses out there and one of them has my name on it. Patience, Grasshopper. Do not take score too soon, mes amis!

Awesome sprint this morning on the stairmill of doom and a new record on planks: 1 minute!!! Yay me! The big treat of the day was a Clementine tangerine and it was yumminess personified. Weekends I allow myself some bacon (no sugar, organic, no nitrates, nitrites, etc) which I enjoyed this morning with scrambled eggs and avocado. Lunch was said tangerine as well as a couple of slices of grass fed NY strip and a little more avocado. Dinner will be chicken tenders (organic) dredged in coconut flour and pan fried in coconut oil and some broccoli. I may live it up and have another tangerine!

Weight is stable at 132. I shan't weigh myself for the rest of this week. My arms are striated from the back view, along with my rear delts and this without flexing. Sides of my legs have a cut going down them, arse looks good, just a little more work on my abs and a wee bit more on my arms. Three more weeks of Whole 37. Hoping to get to a healthy looking 126. That's 2 lbs a week and seems easy enough. Next Saturday I have to go to a birthday bash with J's family, so that will be a little test of will. They don't know our situation and this will be the last holiday season that I spend with them so I can just mentally disconnect and be superficially charming. Hey, I'm honest!

Ok, let's see. How about the following goals for the week:

1 1/2 minute plank
    Unassisted dip PR
    Couple of leads on a guest house
    Work on my Winter Solstice cards
    Write my Vocal Coach about a voice over demo for the New Year
    Create the twitter account for my Dad's novel
    Sell 15000 worth of wine
    Do some research on how to pitch a TV movie

Phew, that's enough!!!
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 12-09-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Every great dream begins with a dreamer!

And, honey, I am just that. Staying up and positive in spite of a shi* storm! S'cuse my language. Most of my emotional triumphs center around transcending my feelings about the time of year. Add a dollop of issues with my poor Mom having to move at 82 years of age...and voila. She's so together and even more positive than I am. She works out every day, takes zero medications (lots of vitamins, though), is flexible, eats cleanly aside from her fondness for bread and looks at having to move as her last great adventure. May we all take a page from her book about attitude.

I have my ducks in a row about voice over stuff, have already sold over 15k in wine, did 1 minute/15 seconds on planks and am quite sure I shall hear something on a guest house soon. Tonight I will sketch out my Winter Solstice cards. So, my weekly goals are moving along nicely. Have not seen Mr. Man and miss laughing with him, but one never knows what bits of loveliness that the day will bring.

I may take some progress pics this evening. As said, no scales for this Grok for the week, but my fave skinny black pants are loose straight out of the dryer. And, I feel the best ever. Finally, finally, I feel "bien dans ma peau," as the French say. Good in my skin! I haven't felt this great in years and years. Words fail. And, off to the gym!

This way of life has truly been a "look great/feel amazing journey."
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Diogenes is offline Member
    That's great to hear about your mom. What a difference from my mom, who is 79 going on 105!

I hope you find some digs soon, that can become tiresome looking and looking. I'm hoping to drop anchor here in Denver. Wife in Illinois will NOT be happy. Bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    That's great to hear about your mom. What a difference from my mom, who is 79 going on 105!

I hope you find some digs soon, that can become tiresome looking and looking. I'm hoping to drop anchor here in Denver. Wife in Illinois will NOT be happy. Bummer.
    Thanks, Dio. Me too. You're so right. Tiresome is the word! Hope your sitch shakes out to your liking.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Great job on progressing through your weekly goals. Your consistency is admirable.... keep it up!

Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything

Or, so says George Bernard Shaw. I have to agree.

I have a hard go of it this time of year. More so now with all of the looming changes. So, working out is a welcome break from over thinking everything (my modus operandi). Thankfully, I am not a stuffer when emotionally challenged and don't stuff food down. I wouldn't keep it down. No appetite, really. But, and here's a little confession. I miss dairy all of a sudden. Cream in my coffee. I need to get an espresso maker so my black coffee actually tastes good!

Off to clean up some work related snafus. Then to the gym. I sent in my résumé to a plum job so fingers are once again crossed.

Carpe diem and all that...
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 12-16-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

It is better to be hated for who you are...

than to be loved for who you are not.

Or, to thine own self be true. I am that. No BS about me. And wending my way slowly through the land mines of the season (most of which are foods not on "the" list). Had brunch with J's family yesterday. I ate some bacon and some fruit and was cool with that. He ate 3 cinnamon rolls, 4 pieces of French toast, and bacon. He was in a carb stupor the rest of the day. I did fine. If anything, I could go for a hot cocoa but it's not on my mind 24/7.

Two more weeks of my Whole 37. And 3.5 lbs to go to hit my goal. I can do it. Only question is what to eat after this is over? I really have no clue. Somedays I don't feel deprived, others I do. Mostly (99%) don't want to go back to dairy. Or sugar. So, it is what it is. I just need to think of something that would be a little treat for me now and then.

It's nearing the end with J. No matter how softly I speak, he accuses me of yelling. So, obviously I am on his nerves too. He is on mine. The heaving sighs etc. I wish he could find some happiness somewhere. I'm just looking ahead and trying to make this last Christmas together a little sweet and drama free.

Planked for 3 sets of 1 minute, 20-30 seconds. I rule! And, a great sprint workout. Now off to the remains of my day...
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 12-18-2012 at 10:42 PM.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

These feet of clay...

feet of clay
    noun
    a weakness or hidden flaw in the character of a greatly admired or respected person: He was disillusioned to find that even Lincoln had feet of clay.
    any unexpected or critical fault.

Number 2 for the win, Alex. I too have feet of clay and as much as I'd like to stay my usual positive self, I just can not today. This time of year is difficult for me, as I've mentioned previously. The massacre of the innocents at Sandy Hook has gutted me. I read all about their lives today because I thought it was important to know what each one loved in their life, to show my respects. It made me cry at a very visceral level. Deep deep inside. And J, in all of his own unabashed anger that he normally represses, explodes and wants to know why no one mourns the poor Everyman that is upside down in his townhouse. Blah, blah, blah. Out, I say. I need to get out before I am pulled, no yanked, into the abyss of negativity that is J personified.

My job. I actually turned it down and they talked me into it. Last year I wrote 130,000 in sales for December (the busiest time in my industry) at my old position. I am just at 32,000 at mid month. Do the math. No use crying over spilled wine...er, milk. I need to let it go. And, I am going to simply dive head first into my future and not let this crap job prevent me from moving out. From moving on. Such a leap of faith, but I have to do it. I'm looking for a place to live every day! And, to be totally and utterly honest: Miss Self Assured and Positive is actually a little scared. But, guess what? I'm going for it ALL anyway.

No hunger. Big surprise. No workout today. Just one day of my life to soothe myself a wee bit without my usual must-dos. Ok, rant over. Carry on. I know I will.
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 12-18-2012 at 06:49 AM.
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Small victories taste just as sweet

3.5 weeks into my Whole 37. I haven't lost any weight in a week. But, I've lost 1.33" off of my hips and 1" has msyteriously vanished from my waist. Sounds good. Feels great. 1.5 weeks to go (give or take). And a goal of 3 lbs off. Jeez, I am the only one of my friends and biz associates that has not gained weight from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Honey, I may as well be different with this too.

Not stopping there. I am now used to this way of eating. I sleep better, energy is consistent with no 3 pm drop, I feel positive and confident and really comfortable with myself. I do not miss anything other than cream in coffee and even that isn't so bad. I actually enjoyed my black coffee today.

The big goal is to eat more. I just don't seem to have the appetite that I used to have pre-primal eating. Fat is sating to me, grains sedating! Anyway...

Off to bed. Sleepy at last. Gym in the morning. Such a mundane entry this eve. Every so often it's okay. I promise I won't make it a habit. Shoot, just wait til 2013!!! So many new adventures. Sooooo excited!!!!!
    Oscar Wilde

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast