Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Look Great/Feel Amazing Journey of Grokalicious! page 10

Grokalicious is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
    I admire your determination. E-hugs for you.
    Thanks, I needed that. And, it has spurred me on to devote myself to ALL of my goals even more so.
    If one dream should fall and break into a thousand pieces,
    never be afraid to pick one of those pieces up and begin again.

Flavia Weedn, Flavia and the Dream Maker

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Bacon. It's my comfort food.

Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Ahhhhh, RaeVynn, true that! My Daddy used to say bacon was a religious experience which makes sense to me. After I pick up my CSA box tomorrow morning, I shall go get some organic cherry-wood smoked bacon and savour its lovely comforting awesomeness.

Ahhhhh, ahhhh, and ahhhhhhhhh.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Diogenes is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    Or meatballs. Lotsa garlic.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    MmmmMMMmmm.... Bacon.

Oh, sorry. Got caught up in the moment there.

Carry on.

Go confidently...

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Henry David Thoreau

We should all take a page from ol' Hank. And use not-so-great life experiences as the catalyst that propels us onward to change instead of using those bad moments as excuses to wallow or mire ourselves. I won't even get into what happens with wallowing or miring. Suffice it to say that none of it's good.

Do you ever ask yourself about how you could have the dreams or passions of your life? I get it that it's not a question that we ask ourselves on a daily basis. But, maybe we should. Not in a fantasy way but to see if there's anything we can do to even have a part of it symbolically or move more directly toward that life.

I guess that's why I want to get back into voice overs, it's part of my passion for performing. I grew up in the tv industry. Both parents were writers. In my 20's I did some acting. Nothing big (although big to me, certainly). Some plays, commercials, a movie of the week or two. Loved making people laugh on stage or on set but at 28 was tired of all of the focus on looks vs talent. I love performing but am too old now (ha!!! by industry standards) to act in front of a camera and, unfortunately, most plays in Los Angeles are musicals. I sing like a water buffalo but at least move quite gracefully. Ideally, I would act and will in some regard once I can make enough money at voice overs (or whatever) to somewhat support myself. Anyway, I'm going to try all of this. Be my own guinea pig. Let me clue you in on a little secret. I am no big fan of selling wine. So, time to change and maybe all of the left turns in my career in wine are an indication of that.

Off to get my CSA box and read the ingredient list on the cherry-wood smoked bacon at Whole Foods. As groovy as that sounds, if there's sugar on the list, I'm out. Then off to the gym for squats, bench, assisted pull ups, unassisted dips, rear delt rope pulls and planks. Then off to see "Lincoln" and then who knows what!

Happy weekend, all! Play time!!!!!

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

If there is no wind, row!

Been reading some cool info on Paleo/Primal, grains, the horrors of sugar and ideal food plans. I think I can only say what's ideal for me and this no dairy thing seems to work. Sugar is a sneaky bugger but I think I'm done there too.

Planked at the gym and did sprints. Raining out, kinda glum day. Just ate bacon crumbled into scrambled eggs cooked in bacon grease with a little jalapeño and avocado. Crampy from my cycle and freed from weighing myself until it's over.

Cleaning up and organizing sample wines, working on Twitter for Dad's book, being a little bit of a girl and going to Sephora later. Sounds like an ideal Sunday (close, as I won't see Mr. Man today or likely til first of the year). Wondering if I should send him a holiday card.

I wish I could weigh today. So curious. I know I'm not "supposed to weigh" on the Whole 30, but that isn't going to fly (and hasn't!).

Ok off to enjoy the day. Jeez, this entry is disjointed! Am jacked up from sprints, I guess.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Tomorrow is fresh

with no mistakes in it...

Now I'm hungry. Wasn't even the least bit peckish until a few minutes ago right after I ate my steak (!!!!). Bacon and eggs for breakfast, a small bowl of leftover chili and sautéed pea tendrils for lunch (pea tendrils are delish, by the way), grass fed steak (a little gristly this one) and the rest of the tendrils. Now I'm hungry. Maybe this isn't enough food. Not going to eat though. Tired of everything in the house. Ha!

I just don't know what to eat. I am actually a good cook but none of what I make fits in with a Whole 30 and it looks like I'll have to rethink everything since getting more serious about this. I do make amazing primal chili and love it. I've made it both with stew-like cuts and with ground beef but this will grow dull soon. I just read an article today that chicken should be eaten in moderation because of its Omega 6 profile and it isn't making me sad because I only like chicken on the grill. Turns out, I love grassfed beef. Always have loved wild salmon. Eh, I will get this down!

"Pork and chicken are permissible in moderation, but are far less healthy due to excessive omega-6 fat content."
    “Eat Like A Predator, Not Like Prey”: The Paleo Diet In Six Easy Steps, A Motivational Guide - GNOLLS.ORG

The big news is (drum roll, please)...I fit into my skinniest jeans! They're a teeny bit tight but will fit perfectly in a week, or so. Even when I started eating primally in August of this year and dropped a little weight, I could only get those jeans up to my crotch. Couldn't get them over my hips, they sat at the crotch, zipper agape! I zipped them today without even trying! I haven't fit into them in 4 years! And, I'm a bloated mess from my cycle, so I freakin rule!!!! By the time it's over, I shall be yet more svelte. And, feel even better. The adios to sugar and dairy has done me good!!!

Big week ahead. My focus is to be one step closer to as many of my goals as possible. And, to have a good attitude and lastly, to have fun!!!

This entry seems disjointed too. Not as bad as my post earlier, but I am still having a hard time focusing...
    Last edited by Grokalicious; 12-02-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Memento vivere!!!
    Grokalicious

Diogenes is offline Member

Mama don't take my pork and chicken away...

I will have to look into the Omega 6 business. I'll compensate with fish oil and hope for the best. Congrats on the tiny jeans success, PM me a pic post haste, thanks.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Congrats on fitting into the jeans! I know how wonderful that can make you feel.

Enjoy your day!

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast