Chris Kresser did a series on GERD, carb malabsorption, and how to treat it through diet here: Get rid of heartburn and GERD forever in three simple step

Many of his points hit home with me: stomach pains, bloating, constipation, etc. I've been suffering from gastroparesis and an inflammed small intestines for about four years but only 2 months ago learned that I had this. I also did have an H. pylori infection but a 14 day treatment of antibiotics killed it off. I plan on following Chris Kresser's advice, as well as someone from paleo hacks who has had great success doing a similar thing to what Chris recommends. He basically says to limit carbs (around 30g/day), eat probiotic rich foods such as kefir and yogurt, and supplement with betaine HCL. My question is has anyone who has suffered from this or GERD found success in following Kresser's advice? If so, how long did it take you to cure yourself and were you able to return to a more balanced paleo/primal diet concerning carbs?

I've been eating paleo since 2007 and am surprised to have these issues,but I want to beat them. The only problem with going low carb is that due to gastroparesis I've lost a significant amount of weight and fear that I will lose more if I limit the amount carbs I eat (sweet/white potatoes, bananas, and berries). Gastroparesis means that food empties slower than normal from my stomach, so eating high fat high fiber food will only exascerbate the problem; so you can see the conundrum that I'm in. I am 5'10 23yrs old, and was 144lbs on Jan 8th but am currently 123lbs. A high fat, moderate protein, and low carb diet is more of a weight loss diet, but if anything I want to gain weight. I cannot handle olive oil, but besides avocadoes, almond butter, coconut oil, and the fat from meat I eat, does anyone have any recommendations of good fat sources? I'm trying to eat an anti-inflammatory diet to help heal my inflammed small intestines, so chicken skin is out, but any other suggestions are welcomed.

Honestly, I'm frustrated and scared as to how to proceed. I've read people advocating low carb to starve the bacteria, but then others recommend high carb to restore hormonal balance which will restore gut health as well. I don't know which way to go.