Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caloriegate? page

gopintos is offline Senior Member

Caloriegate?

Caloriegate: Why Our Focus on Counting Calories for Fat Loss Is Misplaced

Has anyone heard of this before? I am just now starting to read the 18 page report.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Nah I haven't but my interest is peaked! Did you just find it online?

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    am slogging through it -- am on page 17. his writing style is annoyingly juvenile.

am waiting for the big reveal but fear it's never coming...
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

– Ernest Hemingway

It was emailed after I signed up. Caloriegate | Beyond Calorie Counting

It was quite the tease, although it reminded me that I never did finish Taubes book.

Two very interesting posts on the state of the “Paleo Diet” movement… | CALORIEGATE

because it is that TOM for me and I am lacking all ounces of concentration and motivation, I decided to check out his website and came across this post. It certainly made for an interesting read and took an interesting take on the CICO vs. CIH debate.

AdamK is offline Member

Thanks for the feedback - from Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    Two very interesting posts on the state of the “Paleo Diet” movement… | CALORIEGATE

because it is that TOM for me and I am lacking all ounces of concentration and motivation, I decided to check out his website and came across this post. It certainly made for an interesting read and took an interesting take on the CICO vs. CIH debate.
    Hi guys,

This is Adam from Caloriegate here. I found this thread through a backlink. Thanks for your comments/critiques.

Whoever wrote that the writing style is annoyingly juvenile... I hear ya! That's what happens when you spend 10+ years writing hack content for the web as your job. I'd love to make the report/blog/etc better -- more compassionate, more useful, etc. If you guys have any suggestions -- stuff you thought was interesting, stuff you thought was B.S./useless, please let me know. To be honest, my target audience is not well-educated MDA-ers but rather people who've never really been exposed to the low carb/paleo message.

Also, don't know if you're interested, but I did a follow up post that eludciates some new thinking about the whole "calories vs carbs" war: How Will We Ever Resolve the Carbs Vs. Calories Debate? |

Cheers,

Adam

Thanks for the update. I will read it. I wish I understood it more, so thanks for sharing. BTW I sort of enjoyed the writing style, especially the graphics, but then again I am not nearly as smart as the others here. I am just trying to be a sponge and absorb.

thanks for the update as well. Will read it and also did not find ur writing style annoying at all! To each their own I guess. Ur blog is chill!

AdamK is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    thanks for the update as well. Will read it and also did not find ur writing style annoying at all! To each their own I guess. Ur blog is chill!
    Thanks - Appreciate the kind words!

AdamK is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Thanks for the update. I will read it. I wish I understood it more, so thanks for sharing. BTW I sort of enjoyed the writing style, especially the graphics, but then again I am not nearly as smart as the others here. I am just trying to be a sponge and absorb.

Thanks for the feedback, and I hear you! The deeper you delve into this nutrition stuff, the more chaotic it all seems to become. :]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast