Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Soy page 7

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    James: First, I'd like to say that I appreciate your contributions on this thread.

But beef is NOT high in omega 6 fats. Beef tallow is one of the lowest omega-6 fats there is. In 100g of beef fat, there is only 3.1g of total omega-6 fats.

Nutrition Facts and Analysis for Fat, beef tallow
    Wrong post.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Wrong post.
    I know this thread is about soy, but as I quoted, James brought beef into the discussion for comparison sake, claiming that it is "very high" in omega-6 fatty acids. This is not true, so I supplied information to the contrary.

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    I think your post is actually very ignorant to the actual problem with eating soy. It goes wayyyy beyond cutting carbohydrates. I cut soy out of my diet but never had any significant amount of soy as carbohydrate in my diet. Soy is extremely toxic and contains high levels of phytoestrogen. It is not meant for human consumption. Dr. Greg Ellis has a good video on this.
    Most of the soy consumed is through soybean oil, all the restaurants cook in it. Its in all processed food, and now infant formulas!

Check out these links
    Soy Products are Dangerous - YouTube
    Soy Products, Including Soy-Based Infant Formulas, May Be a Major Cause of All Types of Disease

Iron Will is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yodiewan View Post
    I know this thread is about soy, but as I quoted, James brought beef into the discussion for comparison sake, claiming that it is "very high" in omega-6 fatty acids. This is not true, so I supplied information to the contrary.
    Nononono *L* sorry about that. I started to add articles attached to your post that didn't pertain. I deleted what I was typing and tried to save but I had to write something to be able to save the changes I made so I wrote wrong post. Sorry for the confusion.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BennettC View Post
    I think your post is actually very ignorant to the actual problem with eating soy. It goes wayyyy beyond cutting carbohydrates.
    If you'd care to read the posts, an invitation to discuss aspects beyond carbohydrates was extended in the initial posting and those aspects have been debated for 7 pages now. Seems you're ignorant of that fact.

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Will View Post
    Nononono *L* sorry about that. I started to add articles attached to your post that didn't pertain. I deleted what I was typing and tried to save but I had to write something to be able to save the changes I made so I wrote wrong post. Sorry for the confusion.
    Oh ok. No worries. Sorry I misunderstood.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    And because my quoting experience is still very basic, and I keep deleting my replies while running back and forth between reference articles, I'll just throw a whole bunch of bones into the soup pot and let you guys sort them out, ok?

James wrote about the Weston A. Price Foundation having a lawyer working for the Foundation on dairy issues. I believe that there is a degree of separation between that foundation, and the one he is actually president of: The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund. Legalities. Technicalities count.

Meatingplace.com, a trade journal, has been featuring articles on how the meat industries have been petitioning the gov't to waive ethanol production goals to protect against steep price ncreases in feedstocks , notably corn and soy. Sounds like they are not competitors, but consumers.

Meatingplace.com

Here's another dispassionate look at actual numbers. (Heads hurt yet?)

http://healthscience.org/index.php?o...health-science

Few people in N.A. eat blood or organs in which estrogen is apt to be found in detectable quantities. Any beef that contained as much estrogen as soy would be very sick, very overweight animals.
    Last edited by Paysan; 08-20-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Strike one for soy: It's not Primal.

It's a legume and, in anything other than the edamame out of the shell form, it's a processed food.

Strike two for soy: I don't like it. It's gross.

Let's see, I could have a gritty watery milk-like substance or I could drink some raw real milk.
    I could have a grass fed burger or I could have a cardboard replica of one made out of "textured vegetable protein" and who knows what else. I could have a squidgy cheese-like substance that never melts right on my burger or maybe just have some real cheese.
    I could have all meat sausages or I could have a tofu dog. Nuff said.
    I could have a squidgy white flavorless substance known as tofu in my stir-fry or I could have some shrimp and scallops.

Strike three for soy : Possible potential breast cancer risk

We can debate about phytoestrogens until the free range cows come home. There are just as many studies saying it's carcinogenic and saying it's preventative against cancer, some poorly done, some scientifically sound, some obvious shills and some independent research, on both sides of the issue. Plus others that say it makes no difference. This puts it firmly in the "We Really Don't Know For Sure Yet" category in my mind.

Given the above two strikes, it's not Primal and I don't like it anyway, why should I take a risk that maybe the research on the cancer danger side turns out to be true? Anecdotal, I know, but I ate a lot of soy growing up with 70's health freak parents and continued to do so until I got breast cancer at 45. Now I choose to err on the side of caution for my own personal safety.

So that's three strikes. Soy, you're out of my diet.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

Let's see, I could have a gritty watery milk-like substance or I could drink some raw real milk.
    I could have a grass fed burger or I could have a cardboard replica of one made out of "textured vegetable protein" and who knows what else. I could have a squidgy cheese-like substance that never melts right on my burger or maybe just have some real cheese.
    I could have all meat sausages or I could have a tofu dog. Nuff said.
    I could have a squidgy white flavorless substance known as tofu in my stir-fry or I could have some shrimp and scallops.
    Ahahahahahahahaha! Yeah.

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

Let's see, I could have a gritty watery milk-like substance or I could drink some raw real milk.[/B]
    I feel somewhat offended by this because I hate how people on Primal continue to bash soy because it tastes bad to them. You may think that real, fresh soy milk may taste gritty and watery, but I think it tastes delicious. I honestly grew up drinking it, and not as much cow's milk, so I am accustomed to the taste. I think cow's milk tastes weird. Stop hating!

Although those faux products Americans create out of soy are disgusting, I do agree.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast