Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Soy page 17

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Meat, fish and eggs are an important part of the primal diet but are not the be all and end all. If you check the primal food pyramid meats will supply the most calories of any food group but the bulk of the food should be vegetables.

The reality is all the Primal foods can be eaten in a raw state without risk of harm from the meat, nut, vegetable or fruit. The same raw claim cannot be made for soy, legumes and grains.
    The last 4 recalls of contaminated food that I read were about 1. Mexican mangoes 2. bagged salad 3. protein drinks (not very primal) and 4. turkey jerky. What does this tell you?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    The reality is all the Primal foods can be eaten in a raw state without risk of harm from the meat, nut, vegetable or fruit. The same raw claim cannot be made for soy, legumes and grains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    The last 4 recalls of contaminated food that I read were about 1. Mexican mangoes 2. bagged salad 3. protein drinks (not very primal) and 4. turkey jerky. What does this tell you?
    That even bacteria don't see soy, legumes and grains as optimal sources of nutrition and pass on them? That mangoes, salad, protein and turkey have more to offer?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post

What RitaRose said.
    I am not saying there are not issues with modern production contaminating the food chain but the food in and of themselves can be eaten raw. The same cannot be said of legumes, grain and soy.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I think homeopathy is great. I'm all for the placebo effect. In fact, if my doctor would just prescribe me placebos I might actually fill his prescriptions.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    That even bacteria don't see soy, legumes and grains as optimal sources of nutrition and pass on them? That mangoes, salad, protein and turkey have more to offer?
    Heheheh. Could be.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Asians don't eat copious amounts of soy. It is served as a condiment to a meal, and certainly not a protein replacement as it is here.

Fermented soy is fine, I suppose. But I don't touch the stuff. Phytoestrogens, GMO, aluminum leaching. A friend was strictly told by her oncologist when she beat breast cancer to absolutely never touch soy ever again (she's a vegetarian). A nurse friend of mine who works in oncology confirmed the same. Too much estrogen = breast cell attack.

I wrote a long post on my blog about soy. I learned more about it than I cared to. And I used to LOOOOOVE soy milk and soy protein powders. I chugged that shit for YEARS. BLECH!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617