Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Soy page 16

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    I don't understand your post, sorry.

You didn't know that WAPF promotes homeopathy? Or you can't understand my opposition to homeopathy?
    I didn't know they supported homeopathy. Blergh.

Paysan is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesS View Post

The primary point being made was that many meats are pro-inflammatory, which still holds true. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
    Try this quote from WIKI: Dietary arachidonic acid and inflammation

Under normal metabolic conditions, the increased consumption of arachidonic acid is unlikely to increase inflammation. ARA is metabolized to both proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory molecules.[20] Studies giving between 840 mg and 2,000 mg per day to healthy individuals for up to 50 days have shown no increases in inflammation or related metabolic activities.[20][21][22][23] Increased arachidonic acid levels are actually associated with reduced pro-inflammatory IL-6 and IL-1 levels, and increased anti-inflammatory tumor necrosis factor-beta.[24] This may result in a reduction in systemic inflammation.

Arachidonic acid does still play a central role in inflammation related to injury and many diseased states. How it is metabolized in the body dictates its inflammatory or anti-inflammatory activity. Individuals suffering from joint pains or active inflammatory disease may find that increased arachidonic acid consumption exacerbates symptoms, presumably because it is being more readily converted to inflammatory compounds. Likewise, high arachidonic acid consumption is not advised for individuals with a history of inflammatory disease, or who are in compromised health. Of note, while ARA supplementation does not appear to have proinflammatory effects in healthy individuals, it may counter the anti-inflammatory effects of omega-3 fatty acid supplementation.[25] [/]

I'm glad you got me anxious about the inflammatory actions of arachidonic acid in beef, James, as I have just recently upped my beef intake due to a celiac daughter. That's why I looked into it. I am happy to say that my fears have been allayed because only sick people already prone to inflammation need have any worries. Thanks, James.

Piscator is offline Senior Member
    And meats like beef have been linked to diseases such as heart disease.
    Largely through weak studies such as this: ::: THE CHINA STUDY :::

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Its these kind of stupid, childish responses that really bring threads down quickly. If you don't have anything significant to provide why don't you just stay out of it.

The primary point being made was that many meats are pro-inflammatory, which still holds true. Do you have evidence to the contrary?
    Its quite significant. Your trumping up a charge against meat for containing constituents needed in everyday life. Seriously WTF? Just pointing out the absurdity of your stance ....yet again....But, hey troll on brother!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Its quite significant. Your trumping up a charge against meat for containing constituents needed in everyday life. Seriously WTF? Just pointing out the absurdity of your stance ....yet again....But, hey troll on brother!
    Also, he's decided to arrive and become lord and master and mandate what type of posts are "appropriate" in a thread... Ohhhh!

I'll stick to steak, thanks.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Radialhead is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    I didn't know they supported homeopathy. Blergh.
    Double blergh. Whenever someone mentions homeopathy I just watch Tim Minchin - If You Open Your Mind Too Much... - YouTube to calm me down & stop me punching the screen.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    Try this quote from WIKI: Dietary arachidonic acid and inflammation

Under normal metabolic conditions, the increased consumption of arachidonic acid is unlikely to increase inflammation. ARA is metabolized to both proinflammatory and anti-inflammatory molecules.[20] Studies giving between 840 mg and 2,000 mg per day to healthy individuals for up to 50 days have shown no increases in inflammation or related metabolic activities.[20][21][22][23] Increased arachidonic acid levels are actually associated with reduced pro-inflammatory IL-6 and IL-1 levels, and increased anti-inflammatory tumor necrosis factor-beta.[24] This may result in a reduction in systemic inflammation.

Arachidonic acid does still play a central role in inflammation related to injury and many diseased states. How it is metabolized in the body dictates its inflammatory or anti-inflammatory activity. Individuals suffering from joint pains or active inflammatory disease may find that increased arachidonic acid consumption exacerbates symptoms, presumably because it is being more readily converted to inflammatory compounds. Likewise, high arachidonic acid consumption is not advised for individuals with a history of inflammatory disease, or who are in compromised health. Of note, while ARA supplementation does not appear to have proinflammatory effects in healthy individuals, it may counter the anti-inflammatory effects of omega-3 fatty acid supplementation.[25] [/]

I'm glad you got me anxious about the inflammatory actions of arachidonic acid in beef, James, as I have just recently upped my beef intake due to a celiac daughter. That's why I looked into it. I am happy to say that my fears have been allayed because only sick people already prone to inflammation need have any worries. Thanks, James.
    I just did a quick search "meat consumption inflamation" and a number of studies came up, some showed no association at all with inflamation factors, the ones that showd associative risk factors suggested that other lifestyle factors would need to be investigated, there was also one related to promotion of tumor growth with the presence of NEU5GC, a compound found in red meat but not synthesized by humans. There was also a comment regarding this in another link indicating that the lead author is Vegetarian, seems to have been working on this for a while and there is a question of whether there may be a bias in the study design. One of the studies was interesting in that they studied increased red meat vs increased fish consumption and really found no difference in inflamation markers, but it was only a short duration, 8 days per diet change.
    Anyway from my reading if you consume your red meat as part of a healthy Paleo diet, then there is no greater risk of inflamation or associated disease than for anyone else in the general population.
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/137/2/363.full
    Effect of dietary meat and fish on endogenous nitrosation, inflammation and genotoxicity of faecal water
    Dietary risk factors for the development of inflammatory polyarthritis: Evidence for a role of high level of red meat consumption - Pattison - 2004 - Arthritis & Rheumatism - Wiley Online Library
    Fish, meat, and risk of dementia: cohort study
    Red Meat Intake Is Associated with Metabolic Syndrome and the Plasma C-Reactive Protein Concentration in Women
    Meat consumption, nonsteroidal anti-... [Cancer Prev Res (Phila). 2010] - PubMed - NCBI
    University of California - UC Newsroom | How eating red meat can spur cancer progression

Luce is offline Senior Member
    My country and many others are devastated buy aggressive soy production, plus it's been twenty years or longer since "natural" soy got farmed. Soy planters are stalling traditional meat production because they take up the pastures and turn them into soy plantation, the hell with them.
    Soy is BAD bad for your body, bad for the world, bad for people being kicked out from home so companies can seed some more and a totally don't for poor cows and other ruminants whose bellies weren't meant to digest that crap.
    We have bellies not meant to eat it and are omnivores, go figure what it does to an innocent pasture eating beast.

It's easy: beer good, soy BaD

Luce

Yikes, it was MeaT good
    No limits, only my will and the worlds I build.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    U.S. Wellness Meats is part of the beef industry that the WAPF claims to have no ties with. So now we have evidence of their ties to both the beef and dairy industries they claim to have no ties to. So what else has WAPF lied about?
    Either you're very confused or deliberately misrepresenting the truth, not everyone who produces beef or milk is part of the beef & dairy industry. There is a huge difference between the industrial production of food and small family farms using humane farming practices. Because you fail to make a distinction, you lose all credibility with me (and hopefully most others).

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And what did I originally state? Here is my quote again: "Seems to me from what I have seen the primal diet is rich in meats." Hmm... Rich in meats thus a higher level of inflammatory arachidonic acid than a more varied diet lower in meat.
    Meat, fish and eggs are an important part of the primal diet but are not the be all and end all. If you check the primal food pyramid meats will supply the most calories of any food group but the bulk of the food should be vegetables.

The reality is all the Primal foods can be eaten in a raw state without risk of harm from the meat, nut, vegetable or fruit. The same raw claim cannot be made for soy, legumes and grains.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast