Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Approx. how much do you spend on groceries for one person? page 3

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    In a good month without going uot to eat, sales, and cheap food, $100/ 2 people. In an average month, restaurants and all, $300/ 2 people. In a splurging month with birthdays and overtime, it could be upwards of $500.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Wuuuut how do y'all do that?
    Either I just eat more than 3x as much as everyone, or europe is 10x as exspensive, or I'm doing something wrong
    I have a job, I get paid minimum wage but I work a lot of hours, and literally all my money is gone for the gym and food
    Billie trips balls

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Depending on your area, prices will definitely vary. I work full-time, but costs of living are very pricey here. Rent takes up 1/3 of my monthly income, groceries and student loans take up another 1/3, then the rest goes towards helping Boyfriend with his car payments/insurance (since I also use the car) and supplements for this fucking candida overgrowth.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

bob loblaw is offline Senior Member
    $800 for a family of 4.

It's rough trying to eat healthy, sustainable food. Paid $12 bucks for a 2.3 lb. pastured chicken yesterday, could have gotten a delicious cook Costco chicken that weighs twice as much for $4.00.

But, I feel like it's worth it. We buy grass fed beef, natural/organic/pastured chicken and pork when we can find it, and organic everything.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I'm too broke for organic right now, and tend to shop at the local ethnic mart and grocery store (HEB.) The meximart keeps me in supply of cheap meat, peppers, onions, and hardy veggies, HEB keeps me in cheap supply of other veggies and fruits as well as dairy and specialty items I use, as well as Geek's breads.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    europe is 10x as exspensive, or I'm doing something wrong
    Damn, when I went to Europe I spent so much money on food. Especially in Northern Europe. I can totally see how where you live, the costs of food is so high. When I visited Amsterdam I spent $40 on food PER DAY. And that's not even going to super nice restaurants.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    400 per monthly but that probably does not include Malbec.

this is actually down considerably from my healing stage. then i was doing 800-900 monthly.

that + the supplements i ate like candy till i stabilized.

one year of 1200 monthly for one person...

glad those days are past.

eating 2-3 pounds of beef daily can kill a bankbook
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Damn, when I went to Europe I spent so much money on food. Especially in Northern Europe. I can totally see how where you live, the costs of food is so high. When I visited Amsterdam I spent $40 on food PER DAY. And that's not even going to super nice restaurants.
    I'm also spend about 25-30 (converted to dollars) per day, just for myself. I'm eating gross greek yogurt, and cheap bacon (almost 100% fat) I don't eat any beef but ground etc., however it's all grassfed and all that stuff. Unfortunately sometimes the prices lead me to eat chocolate bars or nut butters.
    Billie trips balls

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    I'm also spend about 25-30 (converted to dollars) per day, just for myself. I'm eating gross greek yogurt, and cheap bacon (almost 100% fat) I don't eat any beef but ground etc., however it's all grassfed and all that stuff. Unfortunately sometimes the prices lead me to eat chocolate bars or nut butters.
    No kidding! On my trip to Switzerland, other than a 30CHF splurge dinner on cheese fondue, I basically ate 1-2CHF chocolate bars as my meals the entire time. I also made it a point to eat several chocolate bars a week. Meat is so dang expensive there.

primalswan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    700-800/mo (including weekly organic produce box) for 4 people (2 adults + 2 hungry boys). Plus a side of beef every 6 months which runs about $900. We eat out maybe once/ month. I need to figure out what to cut out of the budget because this is double what we were spending 6 months ago on SAD. It is starting to catch up with us!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast