Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Approx. how much do you spend on groceries for one person? page 2

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    I don't track this ... perhaps I should. Probably around $100 - $150 per week equivalent in sterling. I fairly frequently shop at more expensive stores for a few fresh items purely for the sake of convenience... on the other hand I try to make the most of a bargain when I spot it. I should probably freeze more food to cut costs.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Family of 5 in NZ, approx US$250/wk.

I guess that's 3-3.5 adults.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

aix_sponsa is offline Senior Member
    $150 a month per person (2).

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    On a recent month to Vancouver (July plus a couple of days extra) I (by myself) spent over $900! I ate out a few times (delicious Indian food at Maurya on Broadway), the total includes daily espressos, the crap meal on the ferry on the way over, and I fed my son 5 or 6 times over the month too.

That's not what I spend on my partner and I for a month at home, and I am not sure really what it is...maybe I should check...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Grocery Shopping only: $700.00 per month for 2, active adults. This figure does not include eating out, alcohol or additional groceries for having guests over. We do not purchase any prepared or packaged food. We do buy high quality foods, including chemical-free vegetables, where possible.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I get my produce from a CSA, which I spent US$380 on for a 6-month single share. There are so many veggies, fruits, and berries that I've actually frozen about 1/4-1/3 of what I've gotten each week, so I think I'll be eating the stuff nearly all year.

Because of this, the only things we (house of 2) buy at the supermarket or farmer's market are canned goods (coconut milk, etc.), meat, dairy, eggs and alcohol. On average, I think we spend about US$90 per week.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

BennettC is offline Senior Member
    i spend about $30 with my farmer on raw milk and eggs. use this milk to sour, make cream cheese, yogurt, ect. Then about another $30-$40 on meat. no need to waste money on vegetables

Metric is offline Senior Member
    For 2 adults in Canada, we spend about $600 per month ($150 per week). We buy exclusively pasture raised meats, local organic veggies/fruits/dairy. We occasionally buy items from outside "local" range such as fair trade organic coffees, berries, cherries and wine (none of this is included in the above weekly expenditure). The above also does not include eating out.

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    About $600/month for just me. This includes all snacks (I'm a huge nut fiend), eating out, dinners with friends, etc.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    $200-400/month for 2 people, so if it was just me, I'd say $200 because I'd buy better quality meats and indulge in more treats (I buy all the groceries for the 2 of us right now).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast