Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see photos of the Mega Posters

Hybrid View

Let's see photos of the Mega Posters

There are quite a few very regular posters on this Forum dispensing information, insight and advice. It is my rule of thumb that I base some of my opinion on their expertise by studying a a picture of these nutritional and health experts, who you would think follow their own advice, to see the results of their healthy lifestyles. Some like Paleobird have posted amazing pictures and even had their success story printed, others like Grizz and the more recent mega poster JamesS have never (to my knowledge) posted pictures of themselves. I challenge all frequent forum contributors to post a photo and show us that you practice what you preach.

Um, not everyone wants to post pictures of themselves on the internet, dude.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    That's fine and I respect their choice, it would just help their credibility to show the results of their practice on a forum focused on health and wellness. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    That's fine and I respect their choice, it would just help their credibility to show the results of their practice on a forum focused on health and wellness. IMO
    Why don't you just go with what seems logical and backed with a little bit of evidence, then try it on yourself?

Most things work a little differently for everyone anyway, not to mention everyone having different goals.

Prime example - I'm shooting for brain healing after injury, not really weight loss, even though I'm probably 15 pounds overweight. I have pictures of my brain, but I can't post them. Have a bit of a chub for a belly doesn't mean what I'm saying is any less valid.
    Durp.

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Why don't you just go with what seems logical and backed with a little bit of evidence, then try it on yourself?

Most things work a little differently for everyone anyway, not to mention everyone having different goals.

Prime example - I'm shooting for brain healing after injury, not really weight loss, even though I'm probably 15 pounds overweight. I have pictures of my brain, but I can't post them. Have a bit of a chub for a belly doesn't mean what I'm saying is any less valid.
    Point taken, I do seriously look at all advice and apply it when I feel it would be beneficial. Good luck on healing your brain injury!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    I will certainly send in mine as soon as my dang braces come off...so I can sport my new smile

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    To be fair, no one says you have to post a pic of your face.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    To be fair, no one says you have to post a pic of your face.
    Exactly, also I'm not saying people who don't post their picture have no credibility, my point is that it adds to their credibility and gives it more weight. I also completely understand if someone does not want to post their picture for whatever reason.

not good enough.

I'm not going to post pics again.

I don't offer nutritional advice tho.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds