Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see photos of the Mega Posters page

canuck416 is offline Senior Member

Let's see photos of the Mega Posters

Primal Fuel
    There are quite a few very regular posters on this Forum dispensing information, insight and advice. It is my rule of thumb that I base some of my opinion on their expertise by studying a a picture of these nutritional and health experts, who you would think follow their own advice, to see the results of their healthy lifestyles. Some like Paleobird have posted amazing pictures and even had their success story printed, others like Grizz and the more recent mega poster JamesS have never (to my knowledge) posted pictures of themselves. I challenge all frequent forum contributors to post a photo and show us that you practice what you preach.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Um, not everyone wants to post pictures of themselves on the internet, dude.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    That's fine and I respect their choice, it would just help their credibility to show the results of their practice on a forum focused on health and wellness. IMO

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    That's fine and I respect their choice, it would just help their credibility to show the results of their practice on a forum focused on health and wellness. IMO
    Why don't you just go with what seems logical and backed with a little bit of evidence, then try it on yourself?

Most things work a little differently for everyone anyway, not to mention everyone having different goals.

Prime example - I'm shooting for brain healing after injury, not really weight loss, even though I'm probably 15 pounds overweight. I have pictures of my brain, but I can't post them. Have a bit of a chub for a belly doesn't mean what I'm saying is any less valid.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

kenn is offline Senior Member
    I'm not going to post pics again.

I don't offer nutritional advice tho.
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Why don't you just go with what seems logical and backed with a little bit of evidence, then try it on yourself?

Most things work a little differently for everyone anyway, not to mention everyone having different goals.

Prime example - I'm shooting for brain healing after injury, not really weight loss, even though I'm probably 15 pounds overweight. I have pictures of my brain, but I can't post them. Have a bit of a chub for a belly doesn't mean what I'm saying is any less valid.
    Point taken, I do seriously look at all advice and apply it when I feel it would be beneficial. Good luck on healing your brain injury!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    there are plenty of pics around of me. what does that prove? not much. i wasn't very heavy to begin with, and my long term goal is health (as much as i talk about aesthetics). my pics might show that i know which foods and quantities work for my body.

awww kenn, don't be so shy. we were just giving you a hard time.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I don't post pictures of myself on forums. I figure I'm credible enough by the fact that as of this morning, I'm down another 10 pounds from the beginning of May, but if you only want to believe people who post pics, go ahead. Protecting at least some of my privacy online doesn't mean I am being dishonest about my health and weight.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    You want photos of me? Go digging through my journal. I never had much to lose; I'm almost exclusively in this for my health. I generally don't give advice on weight loss, mostly because I HAVEN'T been there, done that. How to help your thyroid? I'll generally give guarded advice on that, with lots of caveats. Basic primal? I've been doing it long enough that I feel I can give advice on the original blueprint with no tinkering. Ketosis, very low carb, muscle gain, celiac's, and all the stuff I haven't dealt with myself? Don't expect me to give advice.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    To be fair, no one says you have to post a pic of your face.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast