Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's see photos of the Mega Posters page 6

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    Dude. Didn't you start this thread so that you could compare people physically to each other? Or did I mis-read the OP?
    Dude, you mis-read the Op. I believe I explained my intent in several additional posts.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    So the answer is no.
    In my personal experience it took about 2 years to start seeing fitness. However, after 3 years I have never looked like someone who have never had weight problems.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    So the answer is no.
    Not sure what your idea of normal is. They were able to reach or get close to "their" optimal healthy weight. I understand you have a picture of yourself in your minds eye of what you ideally would like to look like, all you can do is eat healthy, train correctly and the have faith that your body will adapt to these conditions.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Here are some pictures of me. I may look like the picture of ideal female beauty to some people, but I may look overweight to others. Have I adapted adequately? Have I met the criteria to dispense advise? Do I work out hard enough? Does anybody aspire to be like me or to love a woman like me? Maybe some do, maybe some don't.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    There are quite a few very regular posters on this Forum dispensing information, insight and advice. It is my rule of thumb that I base some of my opinion on their expertise by studying a a picture of these nutritional and health experts, who you would think follow their own advice, to see the results of their healthy lifestyles. Some like Paleobird have posted amazing pictures and even had their success story printed, others like Grizz and the more recent mega poster JamesS have never (to my knowledge) posted pictures of themselves. I challenge all frequent forum contributors to post a photo and show us that you practice what you preach.
    My bad for reading the words as written.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

denise is offline Senior Member
    Here are some pictures of me. I may look like the picture of ideal female beauty to some people, but I may look overweight to others. Have I adapted adequately? Have I met the criteria to dispense advise? Do I work out hard enough? Does anybody aspire to be like me or to love a woman like me? Maybe some do, maybe some don't.
    dunno about your questions, but I aspire to hike like you

Quote Originally Posted by drssgchic View Post
    My bad for reading the words as written.
    Showing you practice what you preach is showing you have improved from when you started, it's not important to me how you compare to others.

You look great! Wonderful that you are getting out there and experiencing life. Why worry about how you compare to others, what's most important is the improvements you have made - you are on a journey to be the best you can be. Congratulations!

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I'm only a mega-poster in my own mind/journal.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    All I really did was get back to where I was before I did so much hiking. The hiking actually ruined me. Hiking from Mexico to Canada. I do hope that I've found a better way to survive such an ordeal, you know, for the next time I do it. And it would be a nice bonus if I could look good on Hike Naked Day.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast