kenn is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck416 View Post
    having worked in the fitness industry for years it was always interesting and rewarding to work with people who had obesity issues. Most of these clients were very knowledgeable about what they should be eating and even how to exercise and they often reveled in their knowledge, informing others about the latest diets and exercise routines. The challenge was always getting them to take action and commit to living healthier lives.
    I'm curious if those people, once they practiced what they preached, did they reach normal?

I exercise nearly every day. I bicycle commute, take walks, run sprints, do core fitness exercises, hike strenuously, backpack on my vacations. I eat as close to perfection on the Primal Blueprint as I can. I eat small portions, stay away from snacks, never eat after dinner. Lately I don't drink wine or eat cheese or chocolate regularly like I used to. And yet if you saw me you would not see a normal athletic female body shape. I wonder what it takes because just letting the results take care of themselves doesn't do it for me.

I really am curious if your obese clients really achieved a normal body that looked like it never had known a weight problem. How long did it take? I've been doing the PB for a year now.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    *loud bawdy old timey stripper music*
    Last edited by bloodorchid; 08-22-2012 at 09:40 PM.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    that's right, you know how we do
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Nicator is offline Senior Member

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I'm curious if those people, once they practiced what they preached, did they reach normal?

I exercise nearly every day. I bicycle commute, take walks, run sprints, do core fitness exercises, hike strenuously, backpack on my vacations. I eat as close to perfection on the Primal Blueprint as I can. I eat small portions, stay away from snacks, never eat after dinner. Lately I don't drink wine or eat cheese or chocolate regularly like I used to. And yet if you saw me you would not see a normal athletic female body shape. I wonder what it takes because just letting the results take care of themselves doesn't do it for me.

I really am curious if your obese clients really achieved a normal body that looked like it never had known a weight problem. How long did it take? I've been doing the PB for a year now.
    The key is not to compare yourself physically with others, but look at your personal journey and strive to be the best you can be. Assessing how you feel is equally important, how are your energy levels, do you approach your workouts with dread or with enthusiasm, do you have fun and have a great attitude. Every client I had, that was able to change to a healthier lifestyle was unique and obtained great results over varying amounts of time. I still believe you need to ensure your net daily calories are below your daily requirement and that you keep your carbs under 100 gms per day to ensure fat loss (with dips into VLC and using IF from time to time). You should be congratulated on your commitment, keep experimenting to determine what works for you an have faith in the process.
    Last edited by canuck416; 08-20-2012 at 09:29 AM.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    The key is not to compare yourself physically with others, but look at your personal journey and strive to be the best you can be. Assessing how you feel is equally important, how are your energy levels, do you approach your workouts with dread or with enthusiasm, do you have fun and have a great attitude. Every client I had, that was able to change to a healthier lifestyle was unique and obtained great results over varying amounts of time. I still believe you need to ensure your net daily calories are below your daily requirement and that you keep your carbs under 100 gms per day to ensure fat loss (with dips into VLC and using IF from time to time). You should be congratulated on your commitment, keep experimenting to determine what works for you an have faith in the process.
    So the answer is no.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

drssgchic is offline Senior Member
    The key is not to compare yourself physically with others, but look at your personal journey and strive to be the best you can be.
    Dude. Didn't you start this thread so that you could compare people physically to each other? Or did I mis-read the OP?
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast