Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results: One Month On PB page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Red face Results: One Month On PB

So if you remember, I introduced myself a while back and told everyone I was doing a month of PB just for shits and giggles. Here it is, the end of the month, and I've got results.

DATA:
    Height: 6'5''
    Frame: Large Frame
    Ethnicity: Half-white/Half-hispanic (this actually is a factor in weight loss I believe)
    Weight:
    March 1st: 291 lbs.
    March 31st: 265 lbs.
    Yep... I've lost 26 lbs in one month.

How well I did:
    Week 1: Way hard. Carb cravings like crazy. A few times sneaking a soda. Remember, before I was used to having 6 Mt. Dew cans a day! That's 186 Mt. Dews a MONTH! Overall okay, but big headaches from going from Mt. Dew to water... Low carb flu like crazy!

Week 2: Getting good. Starting to really learn what is going to be helpful and what won't be. Still have headaches. Still sleeping... a lot!

Week 3: Doing waaaay better. Eating meat a lot. Picked up some of those Ketone Testing Strips. Really noticing that I have a ton more energy. Really noticing that I fall asleep almost immediately without trouble.

Week 4: Carb cravings? Nah. This week I did have one piece of bread... and meh. I just don't care for it anymore. My pallet seems to have changed. By now I've learned what's really good. Good low/no-carb, high fat meals and snacks. I've been testing with my Ketone testing strips and find good results on most days. Some days I'm in high ketosis.

Overall: I have absolutely never in my life lost so much weight on a program. I'd done the whole cal-in/cal-out thing and lost up to 10 lbs in 3 months (not 26 lbs in 1 month!). I'm going to have to buy a new belt soon because I was two rungs into the belt and now I'm to the end... I have energy. I sleep so much better.

Now, since I live with my in-laws, sometimes I have no say in dinner. I have complete control over breakfast and lunch, but dinner sometimes is just a heaping pile of pasta. So I bite the bullet and have a small plate of it... aiming for the chunks of meat. But on 5/7 days I am 100% PB. On those other 2 days I am usually 90% PB. I always have eggs or sausage or bacon (or all three) for breakfast. I drink water ALL THE TIME. I've had a total of about 4 diet Mt. Dews (no carbs) in the whole month. Yeah, Diet soda isn't great, but 4 diet sodas is waaay better than 186 regular sodas. I've had pasta twice in the month, I've had one slice of bread. Honestly, I just don't care for bread and pasta that much anymore. Now I crave meat. It's almost like my taste buds now know what I am supposed to have.

For sure, I'm adopting this lifestyle for life. Never have I felt more healthy and happy with what I'm putting in my body. My husband has been great. He's really supportive. He's really big into human evolution so he totally understands the science behind this. He's not on the band wagon... cos he's one of those "oh i can never give up pasta or bread or candy or soda or sweets because I love them too much." He's manages to be pretty thin so he's not having the weight issue I am.

I haven't totally given up anything. I will have pasta again, cos it is good. But I will have it very rarely. I prolly won't have bread again say but maybe once every 6 months or so. I just don't care for it at all anymore. I never liked sweets so I have no problem there. My friends are really supportive too. My family, well, I just tell them I'm eating better. I've left out the paleo/pb bit because they would FREAK if they knew I wasn't eating bread or corn. To them, we NEED bread.

MAJOR CHANGES:
    1) I donít fart hardly ever anymore. My ass is silent. It might seem small, but having a rumble tummy and gas all the time is so very embarrassing. I work 2 jobs and attend university (3 more months Ďtil graduation!) and itís just hard to hide a fart in the middle of a lecture.
    2) My appetite has dropped dramatically. I used to eat 3 burritos and chips for lunch. Now I eat a salad or a chicken breast with some cheese or pork rinds. Iíve actually missed meals completely because Iíve forgotten to eat since Iím not that hungry. Iím looking into maybe doing some IF-ing from dinner to dinner and it really doesnít seem like itíll be that hard now.
    3) The shakes are gone. For the last year I have honestly been concerned that I was starting to develop diabetes. If I did not eat within at least every 3 hours I would start to get the shakes and feel like I was gonna pass out. That was a big problem at work because I was constantly needing sugar from my soda or needing to get a bag of chips or something. I just needed something in my body. And when I started PB I still had this problem in the first week. Now, I havenít had the shakes even once!

So I will be back to report next month on changes. Throughout all of March I never did any exercising or working out at ALL. If anything, I laid about more often than not because of my low carb flu.

So for April my goal is to include some weight lifting. I've got weights... they're just sitting in my living room, doing nothing.

My overall goal is to be between 220 and 200 lbs. I'm only a month in so I can't wait to see what I look like in a year. I already feel amazing. See y'all in a month!

jennf is offline Senior Member
    May I say, wow! Those are amazing stats, and amazing insights, too. Congratulations on such a great start to your journey!

AdamKayce is offline Junior Member
    Wow, congratulations - those are very impressive results. I'm totally right there with you on what you noticed from cutting out the breads/wheats; it's an amazing shift, isn't it?

Keep up the good work, and believe in the power of momentum!

chickprimal is offline Member
    Excellent and inspiring! Thanks for sharing!!!

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member
    Great going! One of the things I was happiest about was "the shakes" disappearing... along with the NEED to eat every 2-3 hours. Feels like everything is in much better equilibrium or something now, doesn't it?
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Those are awesome stats. Congrats and keep it up!

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Wow.

Ok. I've started a challenge with a few others here for the month of April and this'll be a motivator to stay on it.

Great job!
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Excellent work - keep up and you will by far surprise yourself and to quote Mark "have extremely impressed relatives!" I am for one not looking back to the roller coaster ride that the insulin high and low were.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Sherissima is offline Member
    Wow! Well done, amazing results! And I agree, I can't wait to see my (and yours, and other people's) results after a whole year of Primal!

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hallowprince, congrats! What an amazing and inspiring story. It reminds me of my first month on PB and how ecstatic I was to see everything changing at once. When the results are that dramatic, it makes it very easy to stay committed to the lifestyle. I know just how you feel, enjoying every minute in your new and rapidly changing body.

Sherissima, I am also really looking forward to where we all are in a year. I've been primal for just under three months, although it feels like a lifetime already. My belly used to be monstrous, but now, in very favorable lighting and posture, I already have six pack abs. Where the heck are we going to be after a year of this? Or after 5? It's mind-blowing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast