Thread: Marilyn Monroe: Primal page

wilberfan is offline Senior Member

Marilyn Monroe: Primal

Primal Fuel
    Well, except for the ice cream...

The Marilyn Monroe Diet: Eggs, Meat, More Meat
    Vegan from 1993 until Oct 16, 2010. "D'oh!!"

Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    And the shitload of drug cocktails......

Danielfire is offline Senior Member
    apart from the ice cream sundae, weights too.

Bless her gorgeous soul.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    She was also much thinner than most people think because we all remember that she was a size 10-12.

It's the sizes that have changed. In the 50s and 60s a size 10 was a 31" hip. Source: Guide to Vintage Pattern Sizes

She was a sweety pie; who knew she was almost primal also?

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I know sewing sizes are very different from ready to wear, though. In ready to wear, I usually fit just fine into a size 8, but for sewing patterns, I'm a 12 or a 14.

It's just hard to say.

I have seen that Marilyn Monroe article before and was pleasantly surprised. Who would have thought Marilyn was smarter than my doctor?
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    i know someone who was involved in a recent auction of some of her belongings, including clothing. he couldn't believe how tiny her pants were.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Monroe wasn't a pioneer -- wasn't "pasta makes you fat" the CW of the time?

According to Taubes in GCBC, the hypothesis where" fat makes you fat" didn't catch on widely until Ancel Keyes and the monumental governmental screw-up of the late 60's early 70's.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Monroe wasn't a pioneer -- wasn't "pasta makes you fat" the CW of the time?

According to Taubes in GCBC, the hypothesis where" fat makes you fat" didn't catch on widely until Ancel Keyes and the monumental governmental screw-up of the late 60's early 70's.
    Yes, I remember those times. The diet plate on the menu was a burger patty with cottage cheese.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    The diet plate on the menu was a burger patty with cottage cheese.
    That sounds good.....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I appreciate women's beauty as much as the next guy, and what I love about the Primal lifestyle and community is that we take into account and see the natural beauty of people and not the stereotypical thoughts on beauty. Our body compositions are different, and under the Primal Lifestyle the pinnacle of a persons health/physique does not necessarily equate to a skinny woman or an outrageously buff man. I also love the confidence the Primal community exudes. From what I have seen and heard, even if a person is in the process of losing weight and hasn't quite hit their goal they begin to see themselves in a new light, and even as handsome/beautiful, sexy and desirable. The confidence from this lifestyle is amazing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast