Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I may never eat a plain hard-boiled egg ever again... page 2

tumbleweed is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    If you haven't tried Scotch eggs try them!

Primal Scotch Eggs | Mark's Daily Apple

I didn't fry these and then put them in the oven... I just put them in the oven. 375 for 30 minutes. I used Jimmy Dean All Natural Breakfast Sausage. These are so good!

I'm going to give this a try. Thanks!

I couldn't help but notice in Marks post that the OP posted mentioned about how overly unpretentious british cuisine is!! whilst it is unpretentious, I feel that most people overlook the fact that britain is actually has the most diverse cuisine in the world, pretty much similar to the states really!!

But yeah these scotch eggs might be my comfort food!! I'll give them a try if I can find a natural source of sausage meat! :lol:

Heth is offline Member
    Excuse my Australian English, but is 'sausage meat' just a type of seasoned ground beef? I have had the desire to try these in the back of my mind for a while but just didn't know how to go about it so thank you.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heth View Post
    Excuse my Australian English, but is 'sausage meat' just a type of seasoned ground beef? I have had the desire to try these in the back of my mind for a while but just didn't know how to go about it so thank you.
    It's more of a pureed meat paste. Not nearly as much texture as mince.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    These are right up my alley. I must make these soon.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Heth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    It's more of a pureed meat paste. Not nearly as much texture as mince.
    Oh ok, thanks

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    I made Scotch eggs for the first time tonight and it didn't work quite right. They were delicious (how could they not be?) but for most of them the egg came out of the sausage "case" during the pan frying step. Any suggestions for next time? Use more sausage? Use more oil? I think it would work better without the frying step and just stick them in the oven like someone else suggested. Mixing in some tiny bacon pieces is also a fantastic idea.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

ATTAACK is offline Member
    I made these too. They were great, but I found the process a little tedious. I'm pretty sure it would tast the same if I just fried up the sausage and had some hard boiled eggs. Maybe slices of egg on sausage patties? I'm getting hungry!

BTW, here's a cool hard boiled egg trick: Make a medium sized hole on the fatter/bottom of the egg shell and a small hole on the top. Hold the egg firmly and blow through the small hole. It will whistle for a bit and then WHAM! The egg will fly out of its shell.

KV8R is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ATTAACK View Post

BTW, here's a cool hard boiled egg trick: Make a medium sized hole on the fatter/bottom of the egg shell and a small hole on the top. Hold the egg firmly and blow through the small hole. It will whistle for a bit and then WHAM! The egg will fly out of its shell.
    damnit, you know I'm gonna try that, right.

ATTAACK is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's a video of some guy doing it.

Ninja hard boiled egg peeling trick - YouTube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast