Thread: Yogart? Is greek the best? page

cavebabymama is offline Senior Member

Yogart? Is greek the best?

Primal Fuel
    Ok this has been something that I wonder a lot. I can always find full fat organic yogurt, but the organic greek yogurt is always 0% or 2%. I've been getting Fage Total, which is not organic, but wouldn't it be most ideal to have the organic stuff? Is there any reason most people refer to greek yogurt over regular?
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I buy The Greek Gods greek yogurt at Smith's/Kroger. I'm 99% sure it's not organic (or even perfect), but it does seem to be pretty good quality. If you decide to get it, make sure you get the one in the green container. The one in the brown container is flavored with honey, and it changes the carbs per serving from 5g to something like 33g in 4 oz.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I usually make my own, but I found a heck of a good deal so I havent for a few weeks.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Nady is offline Senior Member
    I buy Trader Joe's full fat Greek yogurt~ first time I've ever been able to eat plain yogurt without gagging. It makes great yo-cheese too!

JudiPurple is offline Junior Member
    Making it is easy - buy the best full fat regular yogurt, and strain it through a colander lined with a coffee filter. I leave it in the fridge for a couple/3 hours, and ta-da, it's done! The liquid is whey, and can be used in soups, smoothies, or (this is when I have too much) to feed houseplants!

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    I'm a big fan of the Greek God's yogurt. The full fat kind in the green carton as Rita Rose said. I like it more than regular yogurt because of the texture. I like the thickness of it. This stuff is yummy with a little bit of cinnamon, honey and some walnuts. It's what I have for breakfast more mornings than not. Sometimes with some strawberries and walnuts instead.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nady View Post
    I buy Trader Joe's full fat Greek yogurt~ first time I've ever been able to eat plain yogurt without gagging. It makes great yo-cheese too!
    This is my favorite greek yogurt! It's so creamy and good. I haven't made cheese with it yet, but I probably should next time I get a batch!

So, yes, I second the TJ's recommendation!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Quarry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    I buy The Greek Gods greek yogurt at Smith's/Kroger. I'm 99% sure it's not organic (or even perfect), but it does seem to be pretty good quality. If you decide to get it, make sure you get the one in the green container. The one in the brown container is flavored with honey, and it changes the carbs per serving from 5g to something like 33g in 4 oz.
    I second this.

Greek yoghurt is the way to go.