Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Very cranky page

sarahz is offline Senior Member

Very Very cranky

Primal Fuel
    Ok so I have been doing this for a week now, with the odd exception here and there after all we are not perfect. Up until now I have been feeling ok until today, day 9. I am extremely tired and very very cranky, in fact I have never felt like how I have felt today. I can't handle myself let alone my kids and have been taking it out on everyone. Is this just an adjustment to the new diet as for many years now I have been low fat or is it simply that for me I need more carbs? Any advice needed.

coach81 is offline Senior Member
    I'm on day 8 here.. I noticed yesterday evening I felt a little short tempered myself. I wrote it off as being tired. We'll see if it continues. If it does, then perhaps it does mean the chemistry of the body is affecting mood. Very interesting to me.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    It may just be the carb flu as you are so early into the PB diet, I know when I hit the carb flu point I got pretty cranky and cross with people, it should pass pretty soon and you will mellow out a good bit.

sarahz is offline Senior Member
    Oh good to hear as I don't want to be like this all the time or it would be hardly worth it would it. It's funny because my cravings have also started maybe that is also why I am cranky (it doesn't help aswell that I have been up the last 3 nights with my little one so not much sleep) and why I haven't been 100% perfect, but now I am thinking about McDonalds and I never eat that stuff, that and hot cross buns!!! yet all week up until today I have been fine!!! GRRRRRRRRRRR
    On the upside I think hubby is pleased I am now cooking tasty meals because before when I was eating low fat that is what I was cooking and I supposed I stayed away from creamy sauces and the like but now I don't have to.

john_e_turner_ii is offline Senior Member
    It's an adjustment for sure. I was fairly low carb already when I started PB, but I still felt sluggish for several days. My workouts the first few weeks really suffered, but now I am back on track.

gini is offline Senior Member
    Could also be that there was a full moon last night and that is affecting your mood. Yes, I believe in that stuff. Yes, I am a dirty, dirty hippie.

jermicide is offline Member
    i recommend one square of this:

DebFM is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, the low-carb flu is at its worst right before you feel better. I remember one particular day where I did nothing but sit at the kitchen table and just hang there, getting inspiration from the MDA forum. I felt great about 2 - 3 days later & I mean fantastic-bouncing-around-like-an-idiot great. Hang in there, sarahz!!!

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    TOM (time of the month)?

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I thought just having kids was the excuse for us parents :P

Personally, I find the less sleep I get the more 'testy' I am. How much quality sleep are you getting?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast