Page 48 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Sungrazer) page 48

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Basics
    Slept better tonight, but had a 6 kg cat on the end of the bed that insisted sleeping on my covers. As a result I was sleeping without covers most of the night. He he he. No biggie, but strange how I allow that.

Food
    I IF'ed for breakfast and made a four egg omelet for late lunch. I added some mushroom, onions, sweet bell peppers and seasoning.

I also had some hot chocolate with the omelet, because I like it. I made the hot chocolate out of whole milk, some heavy whipping cream and 86% chocolate. Later on the day before dinner we went for a walk, and I had wild raspberries. They were incredible sweet and juicy!

Dinner was about 400 grams of ground beef with spices, onion, bell peppers, mushroom and chilli. I added some parmesan cheese and sour cream on the plate. Forgot to take a picture of it as I was so hungry.

Supplements
    2000 mg Multivitamin
    1500 mg Superba Krill Oil
    100 g (4000 IU) Vitamin D
    400 mg Magnesium
    800 mg Calcium
    1500 mg Vitamin C

Hmm, quite a list there... come to think about it.

Training
    Went out into the forest and picked berries with wife and kids. In 1h16m I picked about 1,5 kg (3 lbs) of blueberries. I was moving at an average speed of 1 km/h over a distance of 1.22 km and had average heart rate of 95 bpm and max 128 bmp. Should qualify as moving slowly about.

You can find detailed information about the "workout" here - http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/kiEWumCA28Y

Random Thoughts
    Been wet and rainy all day, and we've been snapping at each other the whole day. The kids were noisy and I just wanted to toss them into the nearest wall. Cabin fever anyone?! Finally I'd had it with them and said let's get the raingear on and get out. I'll bring the berry picker and bucket, as well. So we did, and it was gooooood. We all brought the walking sticks and the kids loved it. Fencing each other and trees, tossing and turning rocks with sticks and probing ant nests and what not. Will repeat for sure.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

batty is offline Senior Member
    hot DAMN that's a lot of blueberries! stick some in an envelope and mail to me, please!

also, you make pretty omlettes!

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

I would so send you some blueberries for batty's blueballs, but I am afraid they would go all squishy. The blueberries, that is. My omelets are the prettiest. I know this, but thank you anyway.

My journal

I see grain people...

Basics
    Slept pretty good, but got up early to get my 17 year old Audi to the mechanics to fix the handbrake. I could have done the job myself, but wasn't arsed to do it as it is a shitty job to do in the garage at home. The exhaust and heatshield needs to come off and it's generally a tight space to work in anyhow. So, off to the mechanics with it. Went to get it a bit later and tested the brakes on my way home. Felt good - no surprise there. I had fixed them myself, remember. Pulled the handbrake and the car immediately weered to the left. WTH?! Came home - jacked up the car and tested the handbrake. The left rear wheel locked up real good. The right was still spinning freely ... so much for the "function test" they claimed they had done. Going back to morrow to tear them a new asshole. I am so fed up with mechanics not doing the job you're paying them to do.

Food
    Eggs and bacon for breakfast, then some eggs and bacon for lunch. Finally some cod with broccoli and bacon for dinner. Hmm, think I overdid the bacon today? Naaah - you can never have too much bacon!

Supplements
    2000 mg Multivitamin
    1500 mg Superba Krill Oil
    100 g (4000 IU) Vitamin D
    400 mg Magnesium
    800 mg Calcium
    1500 mg Vitamin C

Training
    Did three sets of twenty push-ups. Dang! I also put a bar between the rafters in the garage and made a makeshift pull up bar. Man, I am getting weak. I barely managed to do two! To my defence *cough* the space between the rafters are only 60 cm, or roughly two feet. Way to narrow for my wide shoulders.

Random Thoughts
    My wife is going through carb withdrawals and it isn't pretty. Suggestions on how to curb it is most welcome. I've tossed her some cashews (I know not primal, but I'll get her into the details later) and a litre of water. She seems fine for now, but she has a bag of M&M's lying in the kitchen cabinet that is just saying - no, screaming at the top of their lungs - her name. My oh, my!

My journal

I see grain people...

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungrazer View Post
    Basics
    Slept pretty good, but got up early to get my 17 year old Audi to the mechanics to fix the handbrake. I could have done the job myself, but wasn't arsed to do it as it is a shitty job to do in the garage at home. The exhaust and heatshield needs to come off and it's generally a tight space to work in anyhow. So, off to the mechanics with it. Went to get it a bit later and tested the brakes on my way home. Felt good - no surprise there. I had fixed them myself, remember. Pulled the handbrake and the car immediately weered to the left. WTH?! Came home - jacked up the car and tested the handbrake. The left rear wheel locked up real good. The right was still spinning freely ... so much for the "function test" they claimed they had done. Going back to morrow to tear them a new asshole.
    As well you should!!! What would have happened if you HADN'T tested them, and then needed to do a panic stop??? Your life, or your family's, could have been in danger. Give 'em a smack for me, too?

My wife is going through carb withdrawals and it isn't pretty. Suggestions on how to curb it is most welcome. I've tossed her some cashews (I know not primal, but I'll get her into the details later) and a litre of water. She seems fine for now, but she has a bag of M&M's lying in the kitchen cabinet that is just saying - no, screaming at the top of their lungs - her name. My oh, my!
    Uhhhh....hand-cuff her to the bed? That always calms ME down ;-)

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    She seems fine for now, but she has a bag of M&M's lying in the kitchen cabinet that is just saying - no, screaming at the top of their lungs - her name. My oh, my!
    Throw the M&M's away and feed her a ribeye seared in lots of butter.

Then what Kuno said

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

yes

MeatMe216 is offline Senior Member
    Use the M&M's as bait, cuff her to the bed then force feed her the steak.

<deleted>
    ;-)

As well you should!!! What would have happened if you HADN'T tested them, and then needed to do a panic stop??? Your life, or your family's, could have been in danger. Give 'em a smack for me, too?
    Yeah, I just told them that. I also told them that they could forget about billing me for the job. They agreed.

Uhhhh....hand-cuff her to the bed? That always calms ME down ;-)
    Hmm, interesting games you have over there in the US of A. Home of the land, brave of the free ... hm, something isn't right with that last sentence.

<deleted>
    ;-)
    Hm, what?!

My journal

I see grain people...