Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Sungrazer) page 2

coach81 is offline Senior Member
    Morning Sun! I had a bit of a carb- sugar "binge" this past weekend.. and I paid for it.. my stomach is just now getting back to normal.. I was bloated and gassy all day yesterday. Back on my PB!!! Glad to see that you are doing well.

Bulltar out

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Yeah - I know that feeling. Been there done that - don't want to do it again. I am reacting very badly to grains now. Just a tiny amount and I feel like sheite.

Ugh, as I was foraging for food today I found an olive tree and some garlic cloves, so I had some olives filled with garlic plus there was also some bees nest with lots of honey in it in the olive tree...

In short: I had 10 - 12 olives filled with garlic, and some small glucose candy stuff (not sure what the english name for is, but it's mainly glucose syrup and E additives).

Morale of the story - don't go foraging when you're really hungry. Anyhow, didn't even have enough to get that tingling sensation of a sugar rush. Phew! Managed to stop myself in time.

Brought home a whole chicken and two dozen eggs, so dinner is secured.

B: 3 eggs, easy over - cooked with butter
    L: Beef stew - pleasant suprise at work
    Snack: glucose and Es - 12 olives with garlic
    D: One whole grilled chicken
    Snack: a handful of pistachio

Sum for today: approx 2000 kcal/ 170g protein / 114 g fat/ 60 g carbohydrates. Going to take a couple of dinner spoons of cocosa later to up the fat to around 180 g.

No training today - relax day. Doing set B of Stronglift 5 x 5 tomorrow morning

Don't know why, but I've been having cravings lately. I think it is because I haven't had enough fat in my diet lately. I have also been drinking less water than I normally do. Ah, well - tomorrow is another day.
    Last edited by Sungrazer; 04-06-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: added meals and workout

Indeed! Hope your hump day is going well!

Coach81: It went well, thanks for asking.

Basic
    Slept well, but had to get up early in the morning so I didn't feel as rested as I should.

Training
    Stronglift 5 x 5 B today. Jogged and sprinted for 10 minutes as a warmup. Glad to have a program to follow. Done 2 sessions this week already, and next is friday. The next week I'll be adding 2,5 kgs to the bar.

Supplements
    Superbra Krill Oil
    Kelp
    Multivitamin

Diet
    Breakfast: IF
    Lunch: Pretty much IF as well, but had one egg, a piece of ham, some vegetables and blue cheese. Got asked if I wasn't going to have bread with the lunch. To which I replied no. The look of bewilderness on the face of the cashier was priceless.
    Dinnner was 3 eggs easy over with 5 strips of bacon. Love those eggs and bacon.

Random Thoughts
    Been thinking about switching jobs lately. I am getting more and more restless with the direction my work is taking me, and I really don't like it. Getting bored at work is probably the most horrible thing that can happen for me. I feel like my brain is wilting away with the lack of mental challenge.

Great job on the eating!!! Good luck on the job decision.. in today's economy be careful...

Basic
    Was working late yesterday night, and didn't get to bed before 02:00 am - late for me. :S I even decided to sleep on the sofa in the livingroom so I wouldn't wake the missus, also - my side of the bed was taken by one of my daughters. So sleep was not so good, but at least I got company by my oldest cat. He didn't mind.

Training
    Just mental training today - been struggling with a firewall problem at work. One of the firewalls refused to cluster properly and I couldn't figure out why. Came in to work this evening to continue fault searching and it was working. Did some tweaks and we'll see tomorrow if it is working as it should.

Supplements
    Superbra Krill Oil
    Kelp
    Multivitamin

Diet
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, 5 strips of bacon. Love my bacon and eggs...
    Lunch: IF
    Dinner: cheese sandwich without the bread. Just took some layers of cheese on baking paper, then some sausages and oregano, then some more cheees. Put it into the oven and let it melt/ dry out a bit. Nice little snack. Didn't feel for much more.

Random Thoughts
    Still contemplating my work / job situation - maybe it's just because it is spring and I want to be outside, free of all mundane burdens. Ah, well. Grok on!

Grok on indeed!!! Sounds like you are doing well... keep it up..!

Basic
    Working late hours Wednesday and Thursday really did screw my sleep up real bad. Have been very tired yesterday and today. Been out all day today though and got some sunshine. Been so warm in the sun that I could even wear just a t-shirt. Got a bit tan starting on my noggin as well.

Training
    Yesterday I did Stronglift 5 x 5 workout A. Warmed up with 10 minute jog on the threadmill, and today I've been washing my wifes bike, my own and the two cars. Talk about slow moving all day.

Supplements
    Krill Oil
    Multivitamin

Diet
    B: 3 eggs with some slices of bacon
    L: Two chicken thighs and one egg a bit later
    Inbetween: Two Primal Muffins (100% cocoa, cocosa and some chopped almonds and hazelnuts in a muffin form)
    D: Not hungry, so IF

Random Thoughts
    Great to be outside in the sun again, garden needs a little maintenance and the garage a bit of cleaning. Hope the weather stays good tomorrow as well.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Supposed to be nice again today.. get out there and enjoy it!!!

Page 2 of 149 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast