Page 146 of 149 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1481

Thread: Primal Journal (Sungrazer) page 146

Timothy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Excellent! Congrats on 5 pounds, Sungrazer! That is a smashing success. I agree that a subtle calorie deficit is the way to go. Then you can fool your metabolism. Too much restriction and your thyroid sounds the alarm, your fingers get icy, energy drops, brain fog ensues...

Cool that you eat the protein first, then topping off fat, and finally carbs. I also eat from leanest to fattest and found it really helps with satiety. It's a bummer to fill up on bacon before you get your protein fix.

Outstanding PUFA work too. I predict great rewards if you keep it up.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Timothy - I've managed to stay about 1:2 or 1:1 for the last couple weeks. Mainly by avoiding vegetable oils other than olive oil and eating a lot of fish, especially the days I have had eggs or bacon. I think I am averaging around one and a half lbs of fish each day. Mostly salmon.

Today I tried some sirloin of elk, it was delicious and surprisingly tasted a lot like the grassfed meat from ox that I use to eat.

Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

That dish looks outstanding. How did you prepare it? I've never tried elk but it's on my list. Ox too!

1.5 pounds of fish per day? Sweet Neptune's bounty!

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    That dish looks outstanding. How did you prepare it? I've never tried elk but it's on my list. Ox too!
    I prepared it by accident. :P Nah, I took it from the fridge, and left it on the kitchen counter and forgot about until evening. When I was making supper for the kids I remembered it again and by then it was perfectly temperated. So I just sprinkled salt & pepper over it, fried it both sides for about 2 - 3 minutes and let i rest for a bit. Turned out perfectly rare. It was awesome.

By ox I mean regular grass fed cow - we call cow meat for ox meat in Norway, even if it is from the cow. Sorry for the ambiguity.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    1.5 pounds of fish per day? Sweet Neptune's bounty!
    Yes, what can I tell you. I stem from a long line of fishermen (granddad, great granddad and their dads before them), and I really thrive on fish.

My journal

I see grain people...

Woohoo! I scored 2 lbs of ribeye of elk and 2 lbs of ground meat, also from elk. Wild meat as wild as it can ever get! I'm coming back with a food report tomorrow or sunday.

My journal

I see grain people...

Been a totally off day today. I have a nagging starter of a sore throat, and it feels like the flu. It is just lingering there, and not springing into action. No wonder though, people have been dropping like flies at work. I expect to be well again tomorrow.

Anyhow, I had to try the elk ribeye today. It was just as good as I suspected it would be. I am hooked, and now I am really contemplating to go hunting myself. I just have to learn a ton of new stuff to be able to do that. Plus get certified and get the equipment needed. I don't see that happening anytime soon. Too much else on my slate.

So, without much further ado here is my dinner for today

My journal

I see grain people...

Quote Originally Posted by Sungrazer View Post
    Been a totally off day today. I have a nagging starter of a sore throat, and it feels like the flu. It is just lingering there, and not springing into action. No wonder though, people have been dropping like flies at work. I expect to be well again tomorrow.
    I forgot to say knock on wood. Dang, this is my first serious cold in over two years. I've been down for the count all week. I lost my voice on Tuesday and stayed at home, and got back to work prematurely on Wednesday. Big mistake. Got high fever on Thursday and woke up this morning feeling very groggy.

Oh, well - feels like I am on the mend now. Strange thing though is that I haven't had sinus congestion at all, nor felt trouble breathing. Just a horrible cough and no voice. Weirdness.

My journal

I see grain people...

Sorry to hear it, Sungrazer! I had something like that too just a couple weeks ago. If your fever has already broken, then you're probably past the worst of it. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks for your well wishes, Timothy. I'd better be well enough by tomorrow evening. I have big job to do @ work. :/ And it cannot be postponed. I've had a good rest today and also I've had no less that two lbs of salmon throughout the day.

My journal

I see grain people...

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Hope you were feeling well again by the time you had to do that big job!
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)