Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (Sungrazer) page 11

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks Timothy and kuno1chi - I just aimed the iPhone at my mug and took the picture. Afterwards I used an app called BeFunky FX with the setting Pop Art, setting 4. Pretty nifty app for someone like me who has no artistic nerve to speak of at all!
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Was too tired to update yesterday, so this is Saturdays log

Basic
    Slept very well, and woke late. Great stuff. Feeling rather good these days. Doesn't feel any pain or aches after training either, which is good.

Food
    Breakfast was three eggs with 150 grams of bacon. For lunch I had around 500 grams (~1 lbs) of chicken wings - yummy! For dinner I had just a large cup of half and whole milk and heavy whipping cream with cocoa. Later on the evening I splurged on some peanuts - yeah, I know bad stuff. It wasn't that exciting so next time I'll have some almonds or hazelnuts instead.

Supplements
    1500 mg Superba Krill Oil

Training
    No training today, but I vacuumed the car inside and waxed the rims. Planning to wash it today as slowly moving about. Depends on the weather though.

Random Thoughts
    Nothing much, home alone with the kids this weekend as my wife works shifts. I am usually dead tired by the end of the weekend.
    Last edited by Sungrazer; 05-09-2010 at 02:18 AM.

My journal

I see grain people...

Basic
    Slept very well tonight, even if I didn't get to bed before around 01:00 - woke up around 8 and felt very relaxed. Got up and got the kids some chow and relaxed until 11.

Food
    Lunch: 500 grams of buffalo wings. Dinner: uhm, 500 grams of buffalo wings. Planning entrecôte / ribeye with vegetables for supper.

Update: And as planned I had 250 grams of entrecôte with vegetables for dinner. Was excellent, as usual!

Supplements

Training
    No training today, might go for a slow round on my bi-cycle.

Random Thoughts
    Sun, wind and a bit chilly today. I wish the weather could get a little better so I can catch some sunrays on my pale skin. I forgot to mention earlier that I had the chance yesterday. Sat in shelter of the wind and tossed the t-shirt. I actually started to smell the nice smell of sun on my skin. Looks like I got a bit of a tan going as well. Going to be very exciting to see how my tan progresses this year. Usually I've got a t-shirt shaped tan. That is forearm and neck only!

Oh, and here is the wound on my finger today, 8 days after the injury: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2498415/wound-day-8.jpg
    Last edited by Sungrazer; 05-10-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: food log entry

My journal

I see grain people...

Basic
    Restless sleep, nevertheless I woke up around 4:30 and got up at 5. Wasn't tired and just grabbed my bag and went to training.

Food
    Breakfast was IF, and 20 chicken wings for lunch. 200 grams bacon and 4 eggs for dinner. Had a protein shake later on.

Supplements

Training
    Was at the gym 06:15 and did Stronglifts 5 x 5 program A. Upped my weights on benchpress to 40 kg, normal progress should have been 37.5 kg, but last time I felt it was too light on 35 kgs. Went to work and came back at the gym 16:30 to do HIIT. 2 minute warmup, then 30 seconds max intensity, active rest for 90 seconds, then repeat 7 times more. I was totally drenched in sweat and had an excellent workout. Went to the sauna and took a steam bath, unfortunately the cold plunge bath was out of order so I had to settle for a cold shower after the steam bath instead. Was very invigorating!

Random Thoughts
    Just learned today that I have a couple of converts after I told them about low carb. Cool!

My journal

I see grain people...

Basic
    Pissy mood all day today, got late for work and been grumbling over it since. Also had some troubles with Cisco router which seems to be not created alike. Even though they say they are the same. Sleep was pretty good, though, albeit not enough.

Food
    Breakfast two eggs, lunch some totally unprimal nachos with ground beef, tomatoes and corn(!) - oh, the horror. Was hungry again around 15:00, so I had baked salmon with cucumbers and a salad. For dinner I had four chicken thighs with drum and all. Have also had some 70% chocolate - too sweet.

Supplements

Training
    Walking briskly through a shopping centre to get some cat food, multivitamins and D-vitamin.

Random Thoughts
    So, as I was walking through the shopping centre I was struck by how good looking some women were, until I scanned over their ass, thighs and overarms. All jiggly and even those who were thin were skinny fat. I'm telling you - the lifestyle I live now is changing how I view people on CW, but they are not to blame for it. They are just following the advice of our government which is wrong, wrong, wrong! I feel sad and frustrated at the same time. Knowing that my generation, and my kids generation probably will have a shorter lifespan than my parents and grandparents generation. Just because of the dietary guidelines the general population is being fed. I even had a huge discussion on a mailinglist for motorcyclist (closed group of people I know). Someone asked for advice on how to loose a few kg. I cam with my advise and everything started to roll. Ah, well - maybe some picked up on the idea and MDA.

*sigh* Some days.

My journal

I see grain people...

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungrazer View Post
    So, as I was walking through the shopping centre I was struck by how good looking some women were, until I scanned over their ass, thighs and overarms. All jiggly and even those who were thin were skinny fat. I'm telling you - the lifestyle I live now is changing how I view people on CW, but they are not to blame for it.
    You're just spoiled by all the hot Primal chicks on MDA

Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    You're just spoiled by all the hot Primal chicks on MDA
    Hehe - this may be true, but it is discomforting to see young women - girls really - aged 16 - 22 being so totally out of whack. Needless to say that goes for the boys too. Rarely do I see someone that is really fit, or even a little fit. Same goes on the gym. You can almost smell their CW diet - I can see it in their skintone. Hell, even the PTs looks like they are running ragged on threadmills. I overheard one speaking to a client "Get some oatmeal, raisins and skimmed milk for breakfast - that will pick your energy up." AAAAAAAHHHHHH! Faceplant! I could hardly contain myself.

My journal

I see grain people...

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Eeeeeeeew. Blargh!
    One morning a few months ago, they were apparently giving away Cheerios samples at my gym. I declined, saying I don't eat grains. The dude wouldn't let me go--- kept saying, "You can't LIVE without grains!" I told him I was a vampire ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by kuno1chi View Post
    Eeeeeeeew. Blargh!
    One morning a few months ago, they were apparently giving away Cheerios samples at my gym. I declined, saying I don't eat grains. The dude wouldn't let me go--- kept saying, "You can't LIVE without grains!" I told him I was a vampire ;-)
    Hehe - yeah! I saw that post I LOL'ed at that!

My journal

I see grain people...

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    just had the same thing happen at my gym a few days ago - they were giving away some granola bars and i refused. then the reseption girl offered me a meeting with the PT to discuss nutrition. i must have been staring with my mouth agape for atleast 3 seconds. and i didnt find anything smart to say back either. and she was the basic CW skinnyfat type...
    challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Page 11 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast