Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fasting over 30 hrs.: feeling as if teeth are falling out page

gn
    gn is offline Junior Member

fasting over 30 hrs.: feeling as if teeth are falling out

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    a weird thing indeed but whenever my fastings go over 30 hours i get a feeling that my teeth are going to fall out - and it scares me a lot, so eat something, and the feeling goes away
    does anyone else experience this feeling?

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member
    Can't say I get that one, but I do feel as if my stomach is going to eat itself from the inside out.

Jokaman70 is offline Senior Member
    I'm sorry to laugh but that's just really strange! lol
    I began this Primal journey on December 30th, 2009 and in that time I've lost over 125 LBS.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I know what you are talking about, and it happens to me if I forget I'm IFing. I'll be walking around happy as can be and suddenly feel weird, jittery, like I want to run really fast, and my vision gets sharper and my teeth feel funny and my heart beats really hard.

Then I'll realize that my 24 hour IF has become a 27 or 30 hour IF and I FEAST!!! lol

I try not to go to much past 24 hours though.

Adventure8410 is offline Senior Member
    HAHAHA My teeth don't feel like they are falling out, but I do get a weird sensation around and inside my mouth when I IF for any real extended period of time.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    That is REALLY strange!!! I'd love to hear more of the science behind it--if there is any!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Sharon C. is offline Junior Member
    No I never had that from the 2 24 hour fasts I've done. Either way I'd listen to my body. I'm sure if Grok's teeth hurt because he was deliberately not eating, he'd eat!

JamieRose is offline Member
    I don't know about teeth, but I'll get a strange taste in my mouth- I want to say it tastes like pennies? Haha but I'm pretty positive that's just the ketosis. That is really strange!

avocado is offline Senior Member
    Sounds scary. I don't get the feeling when awake. But it is a dream I have had a number of times, and it's awful just in a dream. I hope your teeth are fine!

lcme is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avocado View Post
    I don't get the feeling when awake. But it is a dream I have had a number of times, and it's awful just in a dream.
    OH god! The teeth dream! Mine always start really loose like when I was a kid losing my baby teeth. So scary and so vivid.

@gn I'm not totally sure about that, although I've only done 24 hour fasts. If it's seriously uncomfortable I would consider taking that as a sign to end the fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast