Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beachbody Supplements page 2

SullynNH Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Insanity looks to be a potential Primal workout...short but very intense...lot's of us coaches here I guess...

MRD, sorry to hear about the migraines....

brichter45 is offline Junior Member

I think P90X is definitely primal. Using mostly body weight to do most of the workouts. Plus i'm starting to love my Yoga days ... Insanity looks interesting though. I might try it at the end of this year.

mrd232 is offline Junior Member

So get this...I'm dumb. I was using 1.5 times the recommended amount of shake mix in my daily shake AND had migraines because, unbeknownst to me, it was the start of uh, that time of month this week.

It's not very common for 'TOM' to sneak up on me like this...is this common with better nutrition? A reduction in cramps and other symptoms?

(Sorry for hijacking the thread!)

SullynNH Guest

I'd have to ask the wife...but if memory serves the same thing happens to her...there is a thread about the whole subject, may find some answers there

brichter--I think P90X can be primal, but you need to modify it a bit, Steve Edwards even said P90X is for straight fitness (I'm looking for fitness and a bit of lean mass, 10-15lbs) and the only way to do that is to cut down on the total sets, lift very heavy, etc...the body weight stuff is good, but again need to modify. Mark's article on lean mass building talks to the kind of exercises you should do, i.e. weighted dips, pullups, probably even pushups (need to get a weighted vest myself).

Guess it all depends on your goals...as I said, takes a lot to get my body to build muscle, plenty of strength though which is great as functional fitness is my main goal (plus a little more lean mass, on the thinner side now)...

I'll be waiting on insanity...it's all just body weight and no "heavy lifting"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12