Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hungry and scared... page 4

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    KerryK,

I have lost a cumulative 15" in about six weeks doing T-Tapp. Measurements are taken from arms to calves and naturally bust, waist, hips etc. I have not lost a great deal of weight so clearly I am shrinking due to muscle taking up less room than fat! There are some sample exercises on her website and also you can find some samples on YouTube. Start with that a d see how you like it. It really works!
    Ooh! I will, thx

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Just my own experience, ( I am not young or athletic or male) I did BP coffee to help me adjust to fasting. One cup with 1TBL coconut oil and 1TBL butter, 200 some odd calories. Carried me onto lunch around 1. On the days I BP coffee, I end up with way fewer calories, almost too few and I have to make sure I eat enough. My n=1 is that if I eat breakfast, even protein and fat, I eat more over the course of the day and really push my calories to the max.

So for me, it helped. It did it's job which was to help with fasting. I know it's not a no calorie fast, but I believe it still helped me to enjoy some of the same benefits of fasting. Now a days, I just do coffee w/cream. Some days I dont even do that.

But it was never more than one cup. And it was never used to wash down other food. I dont usually eat too many breakfasts for 200 calories. I did have breakfast this morning - I should have stuck to the coffee. I had 553 calories of food instead and now after lunch, I am over 1000 calories and supper still left to go. uggh.

But first, way before BP coffee for breakfast, I got a grip on carbs which got a grip on hunger. I was already losing weight, and found myself starting to stall. I was also naturally falling into the fasting when I wasnt waking up wanting to eat my arm off. The BP coffee and fasting helped me to put off eating until lunch time instead of putting off breakfast until mid-morning. I do believe it has it's place if you use it appropriately. I track all calories and macros and I needed to cut the carbs and add fat, while keeping calories in check and that did the trick. For me. Might not be for everyone.
    I'm glad it worked for you. I remember when BP first got big and some were putting in almost a whole stick. I can sure last for hours with just a lone cup of coffee & cream. Not as nutritious as real food, though. But eating is pretty hard for me in the am.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood View Post
    I do bulletproof coffee as my breakfast two days a week. 16 oz of coffee, 3 tablespoons KerryGold butter, 1 tablespoon MCT oil. That's around 450-500 calories and I'm not hungry for 5-6 hours at least.

Butter from grass fed cows is not empty calories. If you have read any of Weston Price's work you know it is loaded with vitamin K2 among other nutrients and is actually very healthy.
    True about the butter from Grassfed cows not being empty calories, you are right. Yes I have read WP. Do you (and goptinos) use the actual BP coffee or just follow his guidelines on finding mycotoxin-free coffee?

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Obsessed,

It's not ONLY about calories. It's about two things:

1. Switch your body from sugar burner to fat burner. Right now, your body doesn't "know" you have extra fat. It can't "see" fat. It can only see sugar. Primal breaks you out of that, and it can take a month or a little more.
    2. Then, and ONLY after your body understands fat, can you cut overall calories. If you stay primal, you'll be eating less FAT than you burn (not less calories). Then your body will be forced to use -- and more importantly, it CAN use -- the extra fat you have.

Getting hungry after two weeks is a GREAT sign. It means your body is a sugar burner, and oops, you've used up all your sugar. Now your body is ready to convert to the fat-burner metabolism.

Do NOT count calories for the next month.

I'm serious. Just eat primally untill you feel very full. Even if you gain 4-5 pounds, that's okay. Just concentrate on Primal and Full. When your body starts feeling full on less food (don't pay attention to caloires, just less food), then you can start cutting your overall food. In fact, you'll eat less food naturally because you'll get full sooner.

Please hang in there. On this board, I've seen some examples of some kind of delayed carb flu. -- you might be one.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately, I didnt buy his. I used what I could find at my Dutch store.

I also just remembered, my step son's wife, was stalled for months and months. And she is chronic cardio. She is a zumba instructor and she asked me what I was doing to lose all this weight, and I reluctantly told her about the coffee, cuz I know it sounds crazy to most. (But so does the bacon & sex diet to some) Well she wanted to try it so I sent some CO & butter home with her. I asked her a few weeks later how it worked and she said she lost 10 pounds. Now who knows why for sure. I am thinking for one thing, she was not eating enough calories. And probably not enough fat, and she just needed the shake up. Or maybe she was just full of crap.... in which case the CO concoction might have cleared her out.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Miss Understood is offline Senior Member
    I bought a five pound bag of Dave's high grade coffee, but I found out that you can get a Guatemalan coffee from Portland Roasters that is the same thing. Next time I may order from Portland Roasters. Any very high quality coffee would be OK, though.

obsessed is offline Member
    I just wanna thank everybody for all their help and just their support. I made it through the weekend and look forward to next week. I am gonna start to walk a couple of days next week before work to get my body moving. I honestly felt like I had restless legs lately like I almost need to burn some energy. I did read through all the posts even through the longs ones. I was really looking for people similar to me ... my weight...and my struggle. Thank you all

Sanas is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessed View Post
    I honestly felt like I had restless legs lately like I almost need to burn some energy.
    Some people say "restless legs" means deficient in magnesium. (Maybe that's if they're irritatingly restless, like when you're trying to sleep, not just if you feel like you have some energy to burn.) When I was really hungry at the beginning, I think my body was desperately seeking the brain chemicals that I used to get from a good dose of sugar -- I'd get massive cravings for fruit. It can be tricky to try to tease out just what it is you are hungry for. Soda water (with only potassium citrate in it) and blue cheese helped a lot. Also supplemental vit D. Can't recommend that highly enough.

HelenLouise is offline Senior Member
    KerryK, I wish there was a "like" button for your post Good info for a newbie girl!
    Also agree that post needs a 'like' button. lol

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    I have a problem with restless legs... supplement with magnesium and make sure you are getting enough salt in your diet.

KerryK is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooze View Post
    KerryK, I wish there was a "like" button for your post Good info for a newbie girl!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenLouise View Post
    Also agree that post needs a 'like' button. lol
    Thanks!

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    more food! throw away that weight loss calculator. you're a big girl and 1500 cals is starving yourself. more leafy greens, more meat, more eggs. as your body heals and the weight starts to go you can reduce calories and it won't be painful. stop tormenting yourself. starving is just gonna make you go off the rails.

careful with the condiments and the fruit cocktail. tons o' sugar there. also that non-dairy creamer is super-junk -- a can full of weird industrial oils.

as others have said your body is crying for nutrition. feed it. feed it. heal it.

are you taking any supplements? vitamin d3 and magnesium will definitely help you.

i do best with a nice big 1st meal. this morning i had some ground beef, 3 strips of bacon and 3 eggs with a huge zucchini and some jalapeno peppers. that was at 10 and i doubt i'll want something else til 5 or 6.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast