Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Mark's Daily Apple Forum! page

Mark Sisson is offline Administrator

Welcome to the New Mark's Daily Apple Forum!

Primal Fuel
    I'm pleased to announce that we (finally!) got this forum upgraded. I hope it continues to operate as community builder, tool and resource for all people looking to live a healthy lifestyle. Now before you go off running through the new boards like a kid with a new toy, a few important points of business...

1. This forum is in a beta version. There are bound to be bugs. If you encounter any please list them here and we'll address them ASAP.

2. Part of making this transition means you also have to create a new password. Visit the following link and follow the instructions:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...w&email=$email

3. We are no longer using Gravatar for avatars. You'll need to upload a new photo for your avatar pic. Here are the instructions on how to create an avatar:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...atures_avatars

Thanks to everyone that participates in this vibrant online community. Grok on!

Primal is offline Senior Member
    Excellent, Mark! Great step forward. It will take some getting used to, but very much welcome... I think you'll find activity on the forums increase even more under this format.

Mark - this may or may not be a bug, but are the threads sorted chronologically based upon the most recent post? In other words, shouldn't the post with the most recent reply in a forum be listed at the top?

Also. Another thought: the Daily Journals probably deserve their own forum (and would declutter the other forums).
    Last edited by Primal; 03-30-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Yes, that is my understanding. Still getting familiar with it myself...

Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post

Also. Another thought: the Daily Journals probably deserve their own forum (and would declutter the other forums).
    Great thought. I'll see if we can work that out.

Bug report: For some reason my quoted reply here got promoted to post #1 in the thread: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...er-coconut-oil

(The double post is probably user error, however. )

Mark - could the bug above (and my question about post ranking) be a product of my time-stamp? I'm on the east coast. I wonder if your system is ranking my post as having been made "earlier" even though I made it at 8:08 pm EDT?

Sharonll is offline Senior Member
    One thing I really liked about the previous forum software is that all the latest postings were in a section at the top, regardless of which forum they were in. It was a quick way to follow the most recent threads. Any chance of getting something like that?

Sharon - there's a button below the Tabs called "New Posts." That's probably the closest iteration you can get for now.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    Mark - could the bug above (and my question about post ranking) be a product of my time-stamp? I'm on the east coast. I wonder if your system is ranking my post as having been made "earlier" even though I made it at 8:08 pm EDT?
    Mark - I really think the mis-ordering of posts has to do with the time stamps. I corrected my time zone to the East Coast and when I replied (at 8:30pm EDT) in a thread made by a west-coaster (at 11:25pm PDT), it put my reply first (because 8:30 comes before 11:30...)...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast