Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Mark's Daily Apple Forum! page 6

Zyzzyx is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thank you thank you thank you... for changing over to vBulletin. IMO, it is the best forum software out there. Much easier as an occasional visitor to find updated threads. That, and the 4-5 other forums that I frequent also use vBulletin, nice to have consistency.

Primal is offline Senior Member
    Here's another suggestion - how about a dark horizontal line before people's signatures in their posts? (For example, see FNW's post #47 above). I find myself quite often reading signatures because they appear to be parts of a post. Non sequiturs, indeed.

Something like this:
    __________________________________________________ __
    [pithy signature here]

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member
    primal, i see a light line between post content and siggy content... can you not see it?
    it's enough for me to differentiate.
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Ah, gotcha - I see it now (after zooming in to 500%). So, I suggest a darker color as it's virtually invisible (at least to me.....)

Zyzzyx is offline Junior Member
    It would be nice to have the page size to a narrower web-browser window, but it looks like its also a problem with the main MDA page header, not just the forum. I don't always have (seldom, actually) my browser window open full screen, but maybe only ~800 pixels wide. Doing so with the forum requires that I end up scrolling side-to-side to read the full post.

As mentioned, it looks like something in the general website header, not just the forums. It didn't affect me previously as I only read things from the RSS feed. But with the new forum software, I definitely plan to visit frequently.

Possible bug: Just tried to post in the Bought a Frying Pan thread and got a notice that it is awaiting moderator approval. Is it because I put a link in the reply?

dalem is offline Junior Member
    it would be nice to have threads listed by posting date as an option. if i missed reading the threads for a couple days then it was easier to review them rather then having to go to all of the different topic categories to see new posts.

dalem is offline Junior Member
    i am referring to being able to see new posts further back than 24 hours.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
    Not bugs, but minor annoyances:

1. When you click on Forum from the home page, you get a list of sub-forums, which I hardly ever have used. So then a guy/girl needs to click on "What's New." And then to refresh, the browser refresh function doesn't work, "What's New" must be clicked on again. Not earth shattering, just more clicks in a click filled life.

2. Can you put more replies on a give page? It seems to me that far fewer replies are now needed to make a Page Two, etc. Again, clicks in a click filled life.

Thanks for listening!

schadowrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OnTheBayou View Post
    2. Can you put more replies on a give page? It seems to me that far fewer replies are now needed to make a Page Two, etc. Again, clicks in a click filled life.
    In case you weren't aware, you can set the number of posts to display at one time under your "General Settings" (up to 40 per page), along with other "Thread Display Options" (like showing avatars, etc.). But maybe you *are* aware of this but want more than 40 per page...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast