Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the New Mark's Daily Apple Forum! page 4

schadowrider is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyNavyWife View Post
    on the forum's main page, the only thing I see in "quick links" is "view forum leaders." So if I want to see my updated subscribed threads, I have to click on a forum category first and THEN click quick links. That doesn't seem right...
    Hmmm, strange... I get a "Subscribed Threads" Quick Links option on all forum pages, including the main one (along with View Forum Leaders, Open Contacts Pop-up, and Who's Online). Maybe it's something in your settings?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member
    Not sure what it could be... because I don't see anything in settings that would change that...
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Not sure what it could be... because I don't see anything in settings that would change that...
    Are you seeing any of the other options (Contacts Pop-up or Who's Online) under Quick Links, or just View Forum Leaders? I just double checked from the main Forum page again to make sure I wasn't seeing things last time, but all 4 options were still there.

no on the main page I only see View Forum Leaders. On ALL the other pages (that I've checked) I can see all of the other options.

PS I will definitely update if it changes and seems to be a fluke.
    Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

no on the main page I only see View Forum Leaders. On ALL the other pages (that I've checked) I can see all of the other options. PS I will definitely update if it changes and seems to be a fluke.
    It will be interesting to see which of us has the fluke! No offense, but hopefully it's you -- like you said in your initial post, it seems you should be able to see the whole list from the main forum page.

OK I figured out what is causing the problem... someone else mentioned that they keep getting logged out... well it's similar.
    So if I close my browser tab and then open it again, pointing to the forum, the forum doesn't recognize that I'm logged in. So it only shows me "view forum leaders" ... but when I click on another section, it's like "oh you have a cookie! Duh, you're logged in." and will show me everything it should.

I don't know why it thinks I am not logged in though, when I first arrived, if I have it set to remember me. (And it doesn't require me to enter my username/password when I click something, it just "realizes" that I'm logged in already.)

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sisson View Post
    Now before you go off running through the new boards like a kid with a new toy,
    New toy?

New toy!!

I can finally remember how to quote hehehe

*general giddiness*

Primal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericfoster3 View Post
    I think you can change this in your 'settings'. The default is oldest first. I think it's set that way so you know what people are responding to... but you can change it.
    I was referring to thread titles within a forum (not posts within a thread), if that makes sense. You can certainly change the order in Settings of the posts within a thread. My question related to the thread titles within the forums. It appears to be working better today.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal View Post
    I was referring to thread titles within a forum (not posts within a thread), if that makes sense. You can certainly change the order in Settings of the posts within a thread. My question related to the thread titles within the forums. It appears to be working better today.
    Agreed. And the "new posts" now seem to actually include the most-recently-commented-on posts... so looks like it's smoother already.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    I am loving "go to first new post"!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast