Thread: I need a resource for my teen page

Traderjodie is offline Junior Member

I need a resource for my teen

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone,

I don't know if this is the right section but I hope you all can help me out. I have been thriving on an increasingly primal way of life for a couple of months now. I have teens (and a husband) who really need to join me but I have not be able to make the pitch convincingly. I know that they won't read a whole book or sift through many blog posts. Is there anything short I can give them to read to at least let them know the dangers of sugar and wheat. That alone would be a great start. I'm pretty sure I can get them to read a page or two.

I would be really greatful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks everyone!

-Jodie

braves10 is offline Junior Member
    The Ultimate Guide to Eating Paleo (Infographic) | Greatist

Take a look at that link. It is from mark's weeknd link love a while back. It is a pretty good and quick intro (as well as kid friendly) to primal/paleo way of eating.

Also give a look at the CrossFit Kids nutrition section on CrossFit.com mainsite. That might be something your kids could take a quick llok at.

adkatsim is offline Junior Member
    My Teenagers Perspective on Paleo: Guest Blog by Coby Fragoso | Everyday Paleo

This article might be good for your kids. Mark also posted something directed at teenagers a while ago.

Traderjodie is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the great suggestions everyone!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Oh for heaven's sake:

If your boyz won't put the effort into a few diagrams , then, well, you're stuck.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Kharnath is offline Senior Member
    No need for books, diagrams or pamphlets. Just make sure to improve your own body composition significantly over the next two months and they will listen. Results never lie.